Monday 12 October 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-10-12

 Good morning!  Happy Thanksgiving for my Canadian friends

Posting late!

I think last week was the 1st week with no appointments since I've been out of the hospital in April.

We are now zone red for 28 days.  Meaning you can't go anywhere but work and some errands.  No family reunions, so this Thanksgiving was really low-key.  we usually have our geese festival (cancelled) with my parents, sister and brother-in-law here as well as my children.  

Since I worked last Monday I replaced it with Friday off, gave me a 4day weekend.  Last week was my retirement class (4 mornings), very interesting but so much to think about.  Not planning on retiring for a few years yet.  Did an hour's office work on Friday but the rest of the day was spent crafting... so late in doing my Christmas ornaments this year :)

My husband went to work at my son's house on Saturday and brought Xavier for supper and to spend the night.  He is teething so Sunday morning was a bit harder as he was hurting.  We went for a walk with him and his parents on Sunday morning.  got home for lunch and picked up subway on the way.  They spent the afternoon here and left after supper.

Today is our Thanksgiving so a day off work for everyone.  Helped my husband frame the inside of the gazebo against the weight of snow this winter.  Worked a bit more on my ornaments.  This afternoon he is gone to my son's house to work on the garage some more.

It is really nice out but I have soooo much to do inside!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Sunny
11°
3°
Tue.
Rain
9°
8°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
13°
4°
Thu.
Mostly cloudy
19°
10°
Fri.
Showers
14°
8°


How I am feeling this morning
was stiff when I got up but feeling fine now.

On my mind
Wondering how I'll be able to do all my housechores!  HAVE to finish some crafting first!

On the breakfast plate
Pillsbury crescents, blackberries and raspberries, with some soy milk

On my reading pile
Messe noire by Peter Straub... not my favorite for the moment

On my tv

Le résident (season 2)
Boston Legal (season 5)
Big Brother
Mon fils
District 31
La Voix
Occupation double
Fragile
Brave new world
Cardinal
Next


On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   ?Grilled cheese
Friday - ?

Have not had time to think about it.  Did cook a big ham Saturday so will do at least 1 meal with that.

From the camera
Hoping the video works, shows Xavier enjoying some music played by grandpa




Looking around the house
LOTS to do as I was too busy for housechores AGAIN this 4-day weekend.  

On my to-do list  

Saturday
  • Cook big ham
  • craft
Sunday
  • Cut pineapple
  • Make potage
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, bath, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - 
  • Keep on crafting
  • Help husband with winterizing gazebo
In my crafting basket
Work on knitted socks
Gnomes are done! just need to add tags to them and wrap them
Finish crochet pumpkin


Quote of the week 




3 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving, so sorry you're having a lowkey holiday. PERFECT inspiration though! Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving despite it being low-key. So strange this year. Not quite ready to think about snow. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I'm late - I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! Love your inspiration. No truer words. 😊🎃 🎄

    ReplyDelete