Monday 25 May 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-05-25

Happy Rudolph day! (the 25th of the month is all about Christmas spirit and fun!)

As you know by know I have had some health problems the last few months... beginning of last week had to call doctor again as other side of throat is having a thyroidite problem too... pills were upped.  Feeling ok but still hurting.

Last weekend we had our grandson stay over for the night on Friday and he spent most of Saturday with us - adorable!

Sunday we got to see mother-in-law at the elderly facility, we were outside with social distancing.  The weather was perfect for it.  


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)

We should be having unseasonably hot weather this week.
Mon.
Mostly cloudy
24°
14°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
30°
18°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
33°
20°
Thu.
Isolated thunderstorms
31°
21°
Fri.
Rain
24°
14°
Sat.
Scattered showers
18°
6°




How I am feeling this morning
Like I have tons to do!  I got up early (5:15) and took my time with breakfast and a hot bath reading... starts the day nicely.  

On my mind
Wanting to get rid of stuff !  Visions of what I want my home to look like.

On the breakfast plate
2 Eggo waffles with maple syrup and green tea

On my reading pile
The guest book  - Sarah Blake - have read 2/3 and still not sure I like it.

On my tv
Bull (Saison 3)
Killing Eve (season 2)
Eaux turbulentes (season 1)
Le résident (season 1)
Outlander (season 5)
Project Blue book (season 1)
Movies from the Heart and Home Channel
Avocats de la rue

On the menu this week
Don't know which is when but should have:
Pork tenderloin, grilled cheese sandwiches, spaghetti and meatballs, chicken and rice casserole, ....


From the camera

Golf tournament in my dad's family in 2006


Looking around the house
Mostly ok on the main floor... lots to do in the basement (mainly get rid of things)

On my to-do list  


Done during the weekend

  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom 
  • Dust all main floor
  • Laundry
  • Bake muffins
  • Cook some hard-boiled edges
  • Cut up a cantaloup
  • Groceries (my 1st time since March 18th.... it's another world out there!) - My husband has been the one doing the groceries since the confinement.
  • Went to mother-in-law's house with sister-in-law to empty her kitchen cabinets and put everything in boxes to donate.
  • Babysit my Grandson
  • Went up in the attic and reorganized a corner, got some things to throw away and some to donate.
  • Visite mother-in-law on Sunday afternoon.
Monday
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Post here - DONE
  • Go babysit Xavier this afternoon while his mom and dad work
  • Post pictures of furniture to sell from mother-in-law's house - DONE
  • Some paperwork to find
  • Restart knit socks yet again... so difficult to get them started and not make mistakes!

To relax this week, I will  
Read, knit, crochet, Ftime family

Quote of the week 






4 comments:

  1. I have a ton of stuff around my house I'd love to get rid of too. I hope you feel better and get relief soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you get back to 100% very soon. Glad you were able to spend some time with both your grandson as well as see your mother-in-law. That must be so hard to only be able to visit from the outside. I really do need to get to thinking (maybe more doing really) about Christmas this year. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have that same chocolate super power! LOL

    I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm days behind on blog reading... we had to paint the exterior of our house this week and it messed my schedule up big time. How fun to spend some time with your grandson. I'm praying that your health will continue to improve. You deserve a break from feeling unwell!

    ReplyDelete