Monday 18 May 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-05-18

Good morning

Finally feeling better after all this time.  Still taking cortisone and scheduled a few follow-up doctor appointments.  Now to just get stronger (I walk just a little and get short of breath).

Got news from the office on Friday, we will probably spend summer teleworking from home.  I'm happy with that.

As I was feeling better last weekend I did quite alot.  


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Sunny
16°
5°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
16°
4°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
23°
9°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
25°
12°
Fri.
Mostly sunny
26°
9°
Sat.
Mostly sunny
19°
9°

Finally some warm temperatures

How I am feeling this morning
A bit of a sore throat - been awake since 4:15.  Still having trouble with the sleep cycle but slowly coming back to normal.  

On my mind
Have a mile-long to-do list but ds just called and my grandson did not sleep well last night so I will be going to take care of the baby this morning while they rest a little.  Anyhow that list won't go away by itself.

On the breakfast plate
Crème de millet, orange juice and green tea

On my reading pile
À l'ombre du clocher (T4)  - Michel David


On my tv

Bull (Saison 3)
Blue Moon (season 3)
Mary kills people (season 3)
Killing Eve (season 2)
Eaux turbulentes (season 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
Le résident (season 1)
Outlander (season 5)
Project Blue book (season 1)
Movies from the Heart and Home Channel

On the menu this week
Monday - veal sausages, mashed potatoes and carrots
Tuesday - mac 'n cheese with ham
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday - soup and grilled cheese
Friday - Chicken kebabs, potatoes and veggies on the grill


From the camera
No picture on hand so got this one from Olde Country Home on FB... I find it relaxing


Looking around the house
It's ok but I want to purge it more.

On my to-do list (chores) 

Done during the weekend
  • Weed front and back flower beds
  • Wash front windows (DH did them... told him I was too tired ;) )
  • Wash back windows
  • Wash another section of patio guards
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom and big shower
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Laundry
  • Wash my bedding and put away winter blankets
  • Took pictures and listed things to give away (those were gone right away) and things to sell (that part ain't working).
  • Got rid of dd's bed and nightstand
  • Got rid of a dvd (well it's still here as my cousin will be taking it and he lives farther away)
  • Started a new puzzle
  • Redid a mini fairy garden amonst flowers out front
  • DH brought back a bed from ds's house... I need to clean it up and prep it for dd's bedroom
  • Sent ds's computer back to him
  • Make a list of basic things and pharmacy I want to have on hand just in case with the pandemia (doing well... enough to last at least 2 months)
Monday
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Post here DONE
  • Go babysit Xavier
  • Pay bills
  • Prep a mac n Cheese for tomorrow
  • Bake muffins
  • Prep bed in dd's bedroom
  • Start on a new pair of knit socks
  • Check to buy a new phone
  • Vaccum basement
  • If possible go in the attic, will lend neighbor safety barrier for twin bed for her grandson... and might as well get a few things out of there if I go.
  • Find right color to repaint armoire ds will be bringing back next week

To relax this week, I will  
Read, knit, crochet, Ftime family

Quote of the week 






5 comments:

  1. I'm visiting from Sandra's blog, I enjoyed my visit - your to-do list is huge and I can see why you like that photo, it's so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are feeling better! I like the photo you shared,makes me want to walk down the path and see the house. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are feeling better. Your to do list is as long as mine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That IS a relaxing picture. And your menu sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you're feeling better!!

    ReplyDelete