Monday 11 May 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-05-11

Good morning

Have been missing my postings last few weeks.  As you know I have been feeling sick for awhile now. (throat, ear, headaches, fever and coughing)

On Monday April 27th I had to call my doctor (he had given me 10 days of antibiotics + cortisone pump)... was still not feeling better (it was my 7th day of antibiotics) and still had fever.  I couldn't consult at the clinic because I was coughing so he sent me to a 'hot'-clinic at 11:50 that same day.  They took 7 vials of blood + 4 bottles for hemoculture, a throat sample ECG and RX of the lungs.  Heart was way too fast and it was the 3rd week of fever so they were worried.  I could not take the covid test because I had symptoms but not the parameters permitted by our govt. (you have to be essential worker or your spouse) even though my husband is working he is not an 'essential' worker.  They couldn't find what was causing the fever so consulted with infectiologist... they then sent me to the hospital right away for consultation.

My husband had to wait in the car at both places as only the patients are admitted.  I was having high-fever when I got there so they too, me to emergency room 'medium zone'.  Another 7 vials of blood and 4 bottles of hemoculture.  Covid test, another nose sample, throat sample.  LOTS of questions asked - the 3 weeks of fever is what was bothering them (me it was the throat and ear hurting!).  They passed me lots of tests... influenza, covid, vih, etc....  whatever they could think of.  Questions such as...
- have you been in contact with people having the same symptoms
- have you been near a farm
- have you been bitten by an animal
- have you had water damage at the house
- .... lots and lots more

Same evening 8 more vials of blood and 2 more bottles of hemoculture.  I was in isolation.  Then I was sent to a section dedicated to people in wait of Covid results... I spent the night there alone (not many cases in our area).  At 3:00 in the morning they told me I did not have Covid-19.  In the morning I was sent to another area (doors and windows locked) and NO VISITORS.. I was the youngest, everyone was over 80 and LOTS of dementia.  They gave me 2 types of antibiotics by IV during the week but nothing worked.  I was to stay a few days but finally slept there 9 nights.  Had 2 echo of throat, biopsy of throat (2 masses but not-cancer), taco of throat and body to make sure no cancer anywhere, telemetry .. to follow heart which was beating way too fast.
To make the story shorter, probably a virus which cause thyroidite and then hyper-thyrodite, so now I have cortisone pills until beginning of June... at least it hurts less.  He said 6 to 8 weeks before it stops hurting.  will have to meet with endocrynologue after 4 weeks and probably another biopsy in 3 months.  SHOULD all come back to normal in 2 months with no need to have pills for thyroid gland.
Doctor signed my papers at 2:30 wednesday to go home... he said he would give me some time to rest (I have very low energy).... pfffff..... he gave me until next Monday.  Good thing I still have some sick days, will take them if need be.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Partly cloudy
10°
-2°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
8°
0°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
11°
1°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
14°
3°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
14°
6°


How I am feeling this morning
Sore throat and low energy but still better than I was.  Almost no more coughing.

On my mind
Getting well, thinking I should retire before the time to help out with the baby and my mother... I still have at least 7 years to do.

On the breakfast plate
Crème de blé with maple syrup, orange juice and a handful of pills!

On my reading pile
À l'ombre du clocher (T3)  - Michel David


On my tv

Bull (Saison 3)
Blue Moon (season 3)
Mary kills people (season 3)
Killing Eve (season 2)
Prodigal son (season 2)
Eaux turbulentes (season 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
La vraie nature
Le résident (season 1)
Outlander (season 5)
Project Blue book (season 1)
Christmas movies
Movies from the Heart and Home Channel

On the menu this week
Still eating from the freezer


From the camera


5 months for my grandson

Throat biopsy

Pouch of liquids I was injected for 3 days

Self-explanatory


Looking around the house
Needs picking up a little

On my to-do list (chores) 

  • Post here DONE
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Finish dusting
  • Pay bills
  • Call for bloodwork and appointment with endocrinologue in a month.
  • Try to set up new computer for work so I can give my son back his own computer
  • Rest
To relax this week, I will  
Read, knit, crochet, Ftime family

Quote of the week 






9 comments:

  1. Glad you are on the mend! Sounds like quite the scary ordeal as well. I was wondering about you last week, glad to see you back posting. Hope your health continues to improve and you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my dear! What an ordeal...I pray that all is and will be as it should be as you continue to healand regain your strength and everything in proper working order... God bless you ofr enduring such a terrible time on your own without your loved ones around you! That is the worst part about this terrible pandemic.. Jsut so thankful you do not have it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Lucie! You have been through it! I am so glad you do not have the COVID, but it still sounds like a rough time! Much love to you, and feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my heavens... so glad you finally got some treatment, although I'm sure it was difficult to be isolated in a hospital for that long. Praying for a speedy recovery. Take it easy!! When you get tired, take a rest. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you make a complete recovery soon. What an adorable grandson you have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my - you have been through it! Glad the results came back ok and you now have some meds. I hope you are soon feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG Lulu, I'm keeping you in my prayers and sending you BIG hugs! I'm so glad you are starting to feel better and I hope a FULL recovery comes quickly. Get some much needed rest and relaxation. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness - you poor sweetheart!! Sorry I'm so late visiting. I still wanted to say hello and send you prayers for healing. I hope you make a speedy complete recovery soon. What a scary time. 🙏 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you feel better soon. That's a lot to go through when you don't feel good. Prayers for a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete