Monday 6 April 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-04-06

Good morning

Teleworking, more restrictions (all non-essential services closed until may 4th), and that's our new reality.  Had a little meltdown last week for a few minutes ... just no reason, it's the 'all that's going on'.
We do take walks everyday.
We did go out for a pickup of a chicken supper on sunday night... and we ate in their parking lot!  haha
I made 2 Easter cards.

Let's stay home and safe!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly cloudy
7°
-3°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
4°
-3°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
3°
-3°
Thu.
Rain and snow
3°
0°
Fri.
Snow showers
4°
-1°
Sat.
Partly cloudy
5°
-1°





How I am feeling this morning
Much better than the last week, back is much better, had some fever a few nights that is gone too.  Starting a new week with some energy

On my mind
Mother-in-law, just to say things are getting better, she is now 'in' the system so she is getting subventions to pay a big part for her upkeep.  Of course, the sad part nobody can go see her and she doesn't know what is going on.  they told us she is barely eating (she had quite an appetite)
Kids - my son's birthday tomorrow... think I'll try to convince dh to go pass in front of the house and say hello and drop off a gift.


On the breakfast plate
2 raisin toasts with 1 glass of almond milk

On my reading pile
Les lettres de Rose  - Clarisse Sabard

On my tv

Bull (Saison 2)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
La vraie nature
Christmas movies


On the menu this week
Since we are both home this week it'll be as we feel, all from the freezer.

From the camera

More feel good pictures from the FB page of Olde Country Home



The rainbow in our front window

Looking around the house
has a lived in feeling haha!

On my to-do list (chores) 
Saturday
Finished deep-spring clean in bathroom (except the usual which will be done tomorrow) and kitchenette.  Laundry.  Vaccum main floor.  My son came by in the garage, we kept our distance but he had some things to pick up because they are painting at home.

Sunday
Wash main bathroom.  Pay bills online.  
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Put away the puzzle I finished last night
    • Wash LR throws and cushions
    • ??
    • Should be the nicest day of the week so might go outside ALOT this afternoon... if it gets less windy.

    To relax this week, I will  
    Read, start another puzzle, crochet

    Quote of the week 





    8 comments:

    1. So sorry your MIL is having such a difficult time. There were so many shut-ins before this and now, well, it's just so sad! LOVE those purple quilts! That's the 3rd time I've seen that stress diet posted recently - my step sister posted it on facebook yesterday as well as another friend - I'd never heard of it. Try and have a good week!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Ha! I think I may have followed an amended version of that stress diet over the weekend, it doesn't end well for the stomach. Oh wait, I see I forgot the herb tea. Now, I know what I did wrong ;) Happy Birthday to your son! Hope you are able to drive by the house and leave that gift. What strange times. Have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Glad your weather is nice enough to go out in. It's really nice here... in the 80s although we're expecting rain on Wednesday. Very unusual in April here in the desert.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I understand that lived in look completely... That is why I took no photos in fact, I changed that prompt to what I am listening to... hehehe

      ReplyDelete
    5. Yes, picnics in the parking lots are becoming as something different to look forward to these days!
      I am hurting for you and your family about your mother-in-law. That is very difficult.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Oh, I love those photo's, might have to go check out the page too! I hope you have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    7. I know just what you mean about just needing a moment to be sad and cry. I've been having the same moments. You're not alone my friend. I think the walks each day are must - just to get out and get fresh air! Prayers for your MIL to be doing better. 🙏
      And I love your cookbook quote stress diet - so funny!! And kinda true! Lol Hang in there Lovie! xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    8. Stopping by from Sandra's Happy Homemaker. The Stress Diet is exactly what i've been on since this virus stuff started here. I hope you are having a good week.

      ReplyDelete