Monday 30 March 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-03-30

Good morning

A full week of teleworking is done and another one will begin tomorrow.  My husband has been off work since Tuesday night but he has spent the other 3 days running around and phoning for mother-in-law.. we can't have an evaluation to place her in an elderly center proprly, no one wants to meet and we can't visit her because of Covid-19.  Not an easy situation for her or us.

Been receiving daily videos of grandson, he is growing up ... starting to have red cheeks and eat his hands.

My husband also had to go to job site on Saturday to watch the site.  He has 3 other days scheduled in April.

Otherwise I am not going out.  we do take walks but we live in a small town so it's pretty quiet.

Yesterday was our 1st facetime with parents, sis, 1 brother and 1 cousin.  was fun to see everyone.

Let's stay home and safe!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Snow
2°
-1°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
3°
-1°
Wed.
Snow showers
3°
2°
Thu.
Rain and snow
6°
3°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
6°
0°
Sat.
Partly cloudy
7°
1°






How I am feeling this morning
Another night of hot flashes and my right hip has been hurting since yesterday.  will ice it this morning and use Voltaren.

On my mind
Upset my husband still has to go to work and we restart our 14 days everytime, which means no seeing of our grandson for sometime.
Mother-in-law.. it is costing a fortune and it is sad for her what is happening.
My dad who is having a hard time respecting the health recommendations.
Have to work on finishing spring-cleaning, have the feeling it's just not advancing.

On the breakfast plate
Almond granola cereals with almond milk and green tea
 
On my reading pile

The rumour  - Lesley Kara

On my tv

Bull (Saison 2)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
La vraie nature
La Voix
Christmas movies


On the menu this week
Since we are both home this week it'll be as we feel, all from the freezer.

From the camera

Don't have any pictures on this new computer so these are some 'feel-good' pictures I got from Olde Country FBook page.





Looking around the house
Feeling like everything needs picking up.

On my to-do list (chores) 
Saturday
Vaccumed main floor, wash office and bathroom windows and blinds.  aired out kitchen, kitchenette and office curtains. laundry.  wash a jumping toy that was given to me for my grandson.  Plug in and start using my new computer.

Sunday
Not much.  did my pandemia journal, worked on puzzle and took a walk.  washed main bathroom.
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Start emptying old computer
    • start crochet shawl
    • arrange a cantaloup
    • prototype of christmas ornament I want to make this year



    To relax this week, I will  
    Read, work on puzzle, crochet

    Quote of the week 




    6 comments:

    1. Love your cheerful blog background and smiling photo of you at the top. So sorry about your mother-in-law, sounds like a really tough deal. Glad you are still able to see your grandson via face-time. Hope you have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Facetime is wonderful. It would be so much harder to get through this time if we didn't have the technology we do! Hopefully you'll be able to snuggle your grandbaby once again soon.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I love your header photo! You look so cheery, it brought a smile to my face. I'm so thankful that we live in an age when we can video chat, Facetime, Skype... anything to stay connected with friends and loved ones.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm so sorry to hear about the issues with your mother-in-law. Prayers something will work out soon. It's such a trying time and feels almost surreal, doesn't it? And what a bummer about your hubby so you can't see your grandson. We hold on to faith that this will pass. The connections with family - even through technology is wonderful and helps. ❤️ Stay healthy and God bless! 🙏

      ReplyDelete
    5. I loved seeing your smiling face on your header...😊
      And I understand about concerns of taking care of older parents. My mother-in-law fell and broke her wrist and shoulder two months ago. She lives two hours away so we are not able to help with daily things, and yes, her home care is very expensive! It takes prayer and grace because we do want to take proper care of our parents and each are unique individuals.
      It looks as if you are keeping busy with homemaking...lovely!

      ReplyDelete
    6. Sorry I'm running so late! I actually seem to be spending less time on the computer through all this! Praying for you and your MIL as you deal with this through this difficult time. See you again in a few hours.

      ReplyDelete