Monday 23 March 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-03-23

Good morning

Lots has been happening in a week!  We are now confined to our homes for 14 days - I have been teleworking since last Wednesday (not easy to set up, but luckily my son lent me his computer and has been logging me in to work every morning with his phone).  All my stuff was too old to connect to my work.
My husband is still working as he works at a hospital construction site and they are working more and more.  My son and daughter are also confined to their homes.  Cannot see my grandson for awhile (unless my husband stops working).
My daughter should start her long-distance university on the 30th of March.

My mother-in-law stopped walking this week and we had to place her in an elderly facility... not the best time to do this as nobody can accompany her or visit her.  Lots yet to be determined.

Let's stay home and safe!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)

lun.
Averses de neige
2 °
-8 °
mar.
Partiellement couvert
4 °
-5 °
mer.
Partiellement couvert
4 °
-2 °
jeu.
Nuageux dans l'ensemble
5 °
1 °
ven.
Averses de neige
4 °
-6 °
sam.
Ensoleillé dans l'ensemble
4 °
-1 °



We saw some sunshine this weekend and it did alot of good to our souls.


How I am feeling this morning
I still have this nagging cough..glad to be home and nobody to look at me strangely.
Otherwise, feeling energized, need to get hopping to start my to-do list if I want to have some 'play time'.

On my mind
trying to keep the anxiety level at a minimum.  With my son's computer Facetime works so I connected with my sister and brother in law.
Been sending my niece some crafts to do each day.
Been receiving videos of my grandson daily.
Thankful for this technology.

On the breakfast plate
A matcha - spinach green muffin and some green tea
 
On my reading pile

Le grand roman de ma petite vie  - Susie morgenstern

On my tv
Les Américains (Season 6)
Bull (Saison 2)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Échappée
L'heure Bleue (Saison 4)
Léo (Saison 1)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
La vraie nature
La Voix

On the menu this week
To be determined, will think of it later today (it's on my to-do list)

From the camera

Easter decor :
I made the gnome and the rabbit this weekend




Looking around the house
I've decided to do 'stations', since I'm stuck in here mostly alone.
A puzzle station, a writing station - want to declutter old diaries and write one on the pandemia, a knitting station, a crochet station, a drawing station.
So there is stuff all over the place but it looks inhabited and cozy.

On my to-do list (chores) 
Saturday
Friday I finished my class painting. (the butterfly on the mantel of the fireplace)
Vaccumed main floor and basement.  Remade beds in basement. did laundry


Sunday
Washed main bathroom.  Made muffins for dh.  aired out my bedroom curtains, washed windows and blind.  We sat outside for awhile in the sun in the afternoon.
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Wash pantry
    • Mop floors
    • Finish organising my stations
    • Have fun at my stations
    • If so inclined look into getting a new phone so I can logon by myself to work tomorrow
    • Menu-plan



    To relax this week, I will  
    Work in my different stations

    Quote of the week 

    Needing some laughter right now :)


    6 comments:

    1. Making stations sounds like a great idea! Love your bunny gnome, so cute. Our stay at home orders start on Tuesday. Glad your son loaned you his computer so you can stay somewhat connected. So sorry to hear about your mother-in-law, what unfortunate timing. Hope everything works out well. Have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Your stations sound like a great idea! All of our borders are now closed, within my state you can't even travel to a neighbouring town. We only have 5 infections, all brought into our state, and no person to person infection but we are a very isolated state, with only 600 hospital beds in total to service about 244300 people, so we are taking extreme measures. Take care, stay safe, try to keep busy.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Hope your cough goes away soon! I absolutely love the idea of stations!I may have to consider doing that here to keep me busy!I am so sorry about your mother in law! I truly hate it happened during all of this craziness! Praying for you and hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Your little gnome is adorable!
      I'm a nurse and have more hours than I want, but can be thankful for available hours. My hubby is still working too.
      Our state (Mich) just got closed down for 3 weeks, so we'll see what happens after that.

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love your quote. I chuckled out loud. I could add my teens to that.
      I love your bunny garland. It's too cute. I may have to make something like it.

      ReplyDelete
    6. So sorry I'm late! I've been avoiding the computer quite a bit and filling it with other activities. According to my weekly report my screen time was down 23% so hopefully that's why I'm running so late. So glad you're feeling better. I chuckled at your funny! I hope you had a GREAT week and I'll see you tomorrow!

      ReplyDelete