Monday 9 March 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-03-09

Good morning

Still having a little coughing... starting the 4th week with this cold.  But it is much better.  My shoulder is still jammed and hurting, it was getting better but had a very busy week at work last week and I think too much time on the computer clicking.

Last Monday I babysat Xavier... had to change my sweater 5 times... he vomited 4 times and then I must have put the diaper on wrong, he peed on me :) 

Wednesday night we went to my son's house to have supper with them.  My nephew was in town with his girlfriend so they came for supper too.

Thursday night 1:40 am my son called, Xavier had gone to the hospital with his mom by ambulance and he wanted to go meet them but she had both set of car keys in her pockets.  We picked up my son and went to the hospital.  He is all right now - he had a hard time breathing and was hurting.  They are saying maybe acid reflux, so he will be changing milk for the 3rd time to see if lactose intolerance.. and in 2 weeks if he is still having trouble he will have some medication.  We came back home at 3:00 am... and alarm rang at 5:00 am as usual.  It was not a good night's sleep.

Friday we got some Subway and went to my son's house to eat with them per their request.  All seemed fine but everyone is tired.
Sister-in-law called Friday night to tell us mother-in-law had fallen and hurt her leg on Thursday night, she had some stitches done at the hospital.  She left hospital at 1:30 am and daughter-in-law probably came in by ambulance by the other door, they just missed each other.  We have a small hospital and not many patients there at night.

Saturday my husband had to go in to work.  I wanted to sleep in but was wide awake by 5:00 am when the alarm went off so I started a small day of housechores.  kids had plans but they fell through so they came here in the afternoon, stayed for supper and for the night.

Sunday was the funeral of my uncle's wife but it is a 9-hour drive from here so we didn't go.  My parents, sis and brother in law went.  Daughter-in-law had to go to a clinic in the morning and she came back in time for lunch.  Afterwards, they left with my husband to start assembling some IKEA furniture she bought for her bedroom.  Baby stayed here with me.  They all came back for supper (we ordered pizza) and left for home around 6:00.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Snow
-5°
-7°
Tue.
Snow with brief sleet
-1°
-6°
Wed.
Mostly Cloudy
-2°
-12°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
-1°
-5°
Fri.
Rain and Snow
2°
-3°

They are saying another snowstorm and icestorm today and tomorrow, we'll see.


How I am feeling this morning
So tired of this coughing!  Woke up with a headache when the alarm went off, took a tylenol and went back to sleep while my husband went back to work.  Now I feel ok but just booked a massage appointment for my shoulder at 10h (hoping roads will still be ok when I leave, all is fine now).

On my mind
My grandson and his health.  
Finding a way to record my mom's memories before it's too late.
Had spanish at noon last week (3 years we have been having once a week spanish lunch) and we have 2 new youngsters and I did not enjoy it . Some comments were made which made me feel unaccepted.  I need to find a FB group who speaks Spanish and just read the comments and learn or find a Spanish tv channel... learn more on my own.

On the breakfast plate
Will eat in a few minutes after a shower... toasts and green tea.
 
On my reading pile

Un(e)secte  - Maxime Chattam

On my tv

Les Américains (Season 6)
Cerebrum (Saison 1)
Bull (Saison 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Échappée
La fugeuse (Saison 2)
L'heure Bleue (Saison 4)
Épidémie (Saison 1)
Léo (Saison 1)
Le Bon Docteur (Saison 2)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
Gypse Rose Blanchard
La vraie nature
La Voix

On the menu this week
Monday - Chinese.... stir fry, egg rolls, pineapple chicken
Tuesday - pork tenderloin, veggies and rice
Wednesday - Beef bourguignon and rice
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

From the camera


Looking around the house
Would need to mop the floors with the dog coming in and out of the snow all weekend.


On my to-do list (chores) 
Saturday
Washed inside windows and blinds in kitchen, LR and kitchenette as well as light fixtures in those rooms.  Did laundry.  Washed main bathroom.  In between chores tried to catch up on my dvr'd shows

Sunday
Baked muffins, more laundry and vaccumed main floor.
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Pay bills
    • Work on my painting for paint class.. oops forgot the reference picture so won't be doing this.
    • Prep work clothes
    • Prep gym clothes
    • Fold towels
    • Rewash shower stall
    • Prep macaroni stir fry
    • Bake cookies
    • 10h00 massage appointement
    • Thursday - get my shingles vaccin (day off! youppi)
    • Thursday - get a pants hemmed at sewing lady
    To relax this week, I will  
    Just rest, that's what I need to get rid of this darn cough.


    Quote of the week 


    4 comments:

    1. Oh my gosh, girl, you've had quite the time in your family! I hope you feel better soon, that the new formula will ease the baby's discomfort, and that life calms down around you. I had to chuckle about changing your outfit so many times while babysitting. Been there, done that. You know how it is with boys... even if you put the diaper on right they find a way to pee out of it! hahaha

      ReplyDelete
    2. Sorry your grandson is having such a difficult time. Hope he feels better soon! I'm so sorry about anyone making you feel unaccepted! My SIL taught herself not only how to speak Spanish, but also French by watching telenovellas. It worked well for her. She can converse with anyone anywhere now. Have a GREAT week.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Wow, you certainly have a busy week ahead. So sorry to hear that you are still dealing with that cough. My alternative doctor recommends gargling with Apple Cider Vinegar as I recently had Strep throat and she says it kills the germs immediately. Perhaps it would be worth the try for you.
      You do have a lot going on in your family and I will certainly keep them in my prayers.
      Praying you have a better week this week.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I'm sorry you felt unaccepted, I know how rubbish that can feel xx Your grandson sure is a cutie, let's hope his health improves quickly. At least the doctors seem to be thorough which is great. I hope this week is less busy and stressful for you, and that you get some more sleep x

      ReplyDelete