Monday 2 March 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-03-02

Morning!

It was another week of being sick with this man cold (couldn't think or plan anything... empty mind ;) ).  I did not work Thursday (was a blizzard - snowstorm) and also took Friday off.
Friday my daughter-in-law and grandson came over for supper and evening (I was starting to feel better).  My daughter came to town and met my husband and son at IKEA for supper and to pick up a new bedroom set for my son.
Saturday my daughter and daugter-in-law went snowshoeing at the mountain with the dog early in the morning.
I did a few small housechores during the day while dd did some homework and dh went to ds' house to repair the stairs.
In the evening we had a great evening with some friends.  Been 2.5 years since we all met together.  Came back home around 12:30 am.  
Sunday dd went back snowshoeing while I babysat the baby (ds & dh still working on the stairs) and ddil had a brunch with some friends.  DD left around 1:30 to go back home (she had forgotten to take her injection for her Crohn's on Friday).  Ddil & DS left around 7:30.

Today baby should be here around 7:30 as ddil has some appointments in town.  Unless there is a change he should be here all day as ddil says she will do some housework in the afternoon and come back here for supper with ds (after his work).

Tomorrow should be back to work for me but I will be going in late as dh has bloodwork in the morning.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Snow
0°
-12°
Tue.
Mostly Cloudy
4°
-1°
Wed.
Snow
2°
-3°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
3°
-7°
Fri.
Cloudy
-1°
-11°


How I am feeling this morning
Woke up at 5:30 with dh but stayed in bed and tried to go back to sleep but didn't work out.  Got up at 6:45 and had breakfast. 
First time in 2 weeks that I feel energized and ready to start the day - a nice change!


On my mind
I will spend a relaxing day with my grandson :)
Work - lots of changes will take place this week and since the last 2 weeks have been 2-day weeks for me - lots of work on my plate when I go in tomorrow.
DD might be coming back this week (she is on spring break from University) and my nephew and his girlfriend might also be coming on Wednesday at my son's house so we will go visit tem.


On the breakfast plate
Apple-raisin bran flakes with almond milk.  Will have a cup of green tea in a few minutes
 
On my reading pile

Un(e)secte  - Maxime Chattam

On my tv

Les Américains (Season 6)
Cerebrum (Saison 1)
Bull (Saison 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Échappée
La fugeuse (Saison 2)
L'heure Bleue (Saison 4)
Épidémie (Saison 1)
Léo (Saison 1)
Le Bon Docteur (Saison 2)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
Gypse Rose Blanchard
La vraie nature
La Voix

On the menu this week
Monday - 
Tuesday - 
Wednesday - 
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?
Will have to think about it today, but freezer is full, so it'll be eating from the freezer.


From the camera

Supper with friends :)



St-Pat's decor





Looking around the house
I need to wash bathroom and vaccum... not sure it'll happen today with the baby here.  Also need to menu-plan

On my to-do list (chores) 

Sunday
Paid some bills, washed basement staircase (walls & woodwork) as well as LR walls and woodwork.  Youppi! all walls, ceilings are done on main floor.  Still have lots to do for spring cleaning but it's a big chunk done.  Did some laundry  
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Babysit
    • Menu plan
    • Wash main bathroom
    • Vaccum (not sure that'll get done)
    To relax this week, I will
    Paint class on Tuesday.  watch some tv and have tea


    Quote of the week 



    3 comments:

    1. That quote of the week, ha! Great one. Love your St. Patrick's Day decor. I put a small bit out but don't have the energy to look for the rest of it. Can't imagine what I did with it last year. Hope you have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Glad you are starting to feel better. Love your St. Pat's decorations! You certainly have a busy week ahead. Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I'm running late this week because I got sick too! I sure HOPE you're feeling better by now and have a wonderful weekend. I'm smiling at your Steve Martin quote - too cute!

      ReplyDelete