Monday 24 February 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-02-24

Morning!

Finally starting to feel a wee bit better.  have been sick since last Monday... worked on Tuesday and Wednesday but was coughing (wore a mask at work... lots of people coughing but I was the only one with a mask).  Thursday and Friday were sick days.. real sick days when you don't even move because too sick.  Got a doctor's appointment Friday at 4:00 - have a respiratory infection with flu, so got some antibiotics.  I barely slept all week with all the coughing. I feel like I lost at least 3 days of my life (thursday, friday and saturday was just no fun.. just wanted time to pass).  So with this (and doc said I was contagious until 3rd day of antibiotics) didn't get to see my grandson this weekend. 
Cancelled the govt exams I was to take on Sunday.

Took down Valentine's Decor and put up st-Pat's.  Still need to fiddle with 3-tiered tray decoration.


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Rain and Snow
4°
-3°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
3°
-3°
Wed.
Snow Showers
-1°
-2°
Thu.
Snow
-1°
-5°
Fri.
Snow Showers
-3°
-12°

Snowstorm in the works for Wednesday and Thursday, but it's gonna be a balmy week :)  I will try to go sit outside to get some vitamin D today.


How I am feeling this morning
Woke up at 5:00 when alarm clock went off (I was on the couch so transferred to my bed - will sleep in my bed tonight since I won't be contagious anymore), feeling really yucky.  Went back to sleep until 7:00, sore neck and headache - took a tylenol and tried to sleep some more.  Woke up at 8:30 finally feeling a wee bit better.  Doc did tell me that even with these antibiotics (5 days) it might take 10 days to feel back to normal.
My achilles tendon is still not better, guess I'll have to consult.

On my mind
With this cold I just can't think ahead - I just want it to be over.

On the breakfast plate
2 raisin-bread toasts with a glass of diluted orange juice (diluted because a naturopathe once told me it was too acid in the morning)
 
On my reading pile

La Santé repensée de Dr. Gaétan Brouillard
Pandémie  - Robin Cook

On my tv

Les Américains (Season 6)
Cerebrum (Saison 1)
Bull (Saison 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Échappée
La fugeuse (Saison 2)
L'heure Bleue (Saison 4)
Épidémie (Saison 1)
Léo (Saison 1)
Le Bon Docteur (Saison 2)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
Gypse Rose Blanchard
La vraie nature
La Voix

On the menu this week
Monday - Tourtière (from freezer).. didn't happen last week
Tuesday - chicken and rice casserole
Wednesday - spaghetti
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

From the camera




Wanted to put a picture of my st-Pat's decor but I am not finished so will post it next week


Looking around the house
I need to desinfect, according to doc starting today I am not contagious anymore.  Right now I put a chair outside (had shoveled a little corner of the patio to put a chair) and my pillows are on it to air out the germs.  Will put my bedding on the clothesline in awhile

On my to-do list (chores) 

Sunday
Menu-planned, vaccumed main floor and washed main bathroom.  Paid some bills and sent some papers to insurance.  Cooked some rice for casserole that I will assemble today.   
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Prep work clothes 
    • Wash my bedding
    • Prep my sister's bday gift (just need to assemble and put in a gift bag)
    • Make my St-Pat's gnome
    • Rest some more
    To relax this week, I will
    Do nothing, just try to get better.  I don't know if I'll go to the gym or not - I need my energy but I will try to do some stretching exercises since I am aching everywhere with this cold.  And the antibiotics have a side-effect which is not helping out with my regular gut pain.

    Hoping to be my regular sunshine self next week ;)


    Quote of the week 



    4 comments:

    1. Sorry to hear that you've been so sick, Lucy, and for so long. I am praying a full and rapid recovery over you and trust that this week will go better for you than last. Blessings for a better week ahead! <3

      ReplyDelete
    2. I sure hope you feel better soon! That's just no fun. GREAT idea to air out the pillows and bedding though now that you're not contagious! Don't overdo and have a GREAT week.

      ReplyDelete
    3. So sorry to hear that you have been ill. Praying you will be feeling better soon, I have been going through the same thing this week, but staring to feel better today after a week of antibiotics. Let's hope and pray we get better as the week goes on. Being sick is boring!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks for the comment on my blog about the masks! I keep asking myself if I'm being nutty! lol No matter what they will get used at some point for colds/flu/etc right? I hope that you are feeling a lot better soon!

      ReplyDelete