Monday 17 September 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-09-17

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

It was a very stressful week last week - hoping for a more routine week.
DD was sick with her crohn's last week (still is) so she is having more tests done.  My son bought his 1st house, I am now working in another sector of the govt agency for which I work (new coworkers), had govt exams on Saturday and my sil was operated for the 2nd time for her breast cancer.   My uncle was also operated for his neck.
DD spent the weekend here with us too.

The weather
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
29°
21°
Tue.
Scattered Showers
23°
11°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
18°
10°
Thu.
Scattered Showers
20°
16°
Fri.
Scattered Thunderstorms
24°
11°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
17°
10°
Sun.
Partly Cloudy
16°
7°


What I am reading
Les Héritiers du Fleuve T4 by Louise Tremblay-D'essiambre
Takes place at the end of the 1800's in rural Québec.  I love reading books like this.

On my tv 
Big Brother
'O
Unité 9
Le jeu
Demain des hommes
L'heure bleue
Les Simone
District 31
and more new programes to come

Menu - planning

Monday - chicken pot pie
Tuesday - sausages and potatoes
Wednesday - smoked meat sandwiches
Thursday - spaghetti
Friday - won't be here so dh will fend for himself

On my to-do list
Did regular chores during the weekend.
Today was:
- Getting permit for new fence
- Call cable company to get the bill lowered
- Go to knitting lady
- Laundry
- Cook sausages & potatoes for tomorrow's supper
- Ironing
- Cut up pineapple
and lots more but will probably be too hot to do anything

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted socks are finished as of this morning!
Working on a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.
I will be going to a watercolor initiation class Friday evening - just paid for it now.

Looking forward to
Watercolor class

Something I watched
Nothing outstanding

From the camera

I thought I was in London this week with Paul McCartney in town (staying at L'auberge St-Antoine), the museum special on London and the fog (says the girl who has never been to London but has read about it).







                                    

Quote of the week


13 comments:

  1. As always I enjoyed stopping by! I hope your daughter is feeling much better! Your quote was amazing and much needed today! I pray you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked the quote. working on having a good week :)

      Delete
  2. Wow,lots going on for you. Hope your daughter feels better and your other family members have speedy recoveries. Your watercolor class sounds fun. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello visiting from Happy Homemaker Monday, I read you finished knitting some socks that reminds me I have one lonesome sock waiting for me to make its make. Thanks for posting and visiting my blog as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have a great blog Laura, nice to meet you

      Delete
  4. We had some strange fog like that last week... it just creeped right on it.... Who is your favorite left on Big Brother?? Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Sam and Kassie, but not sure either of them will make it to finally. Tyler really played the game but he won't win when people realise he played them all

      Delete
  5. Enjoyed reading your post, Lucie! Sounds like you've certainly had a lot going on lately. I hope that this week is less stressful for you. Love the inspirational quote. We just have to keep adjusting those sails...eh? Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes those sails need constant adjustements :)

      Delete
  6. I just love painting and watercolors are great to workwith. The paint moves along the paper in a zen way. I like doing watercolors with pencil too, sketching, then adding in water. The final quote is great, She stood in the storm, creates a visual for me to do an art work. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your visual! I never tried watercolors but I find it so beautiful. I might try the pencil sketching, would be very nice

      Delete
  7. Terrific quote!
    Blessings,
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete