Monday 24 September 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-09-24

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

1st whole week at new job... work is ok, coworkers are so-so... nobody talks or says hello.. very weird.
DD is having her 2nd colonoscopy today, crossing my fingers.
We had a busy week last week after work... Tuesday - costco, Wednesday dh left work at noon because they were planting the stakes for the back fence here, Thursday dh had guitar lessons and I went to the hair salon and Friday I was to have an initiation to watercolor class (got cancelled but she couldn't reach me so I stayed in town waiting for the class to start only to be told it was cancelled when I got there), did some errands on Friday night also.

The weather

A cold 1C here this morning.
Mon.
Sunny
14°
6°
Tue.
Rain
14°
14°
Wed.
Thunderstorm
23°
8°
Thu.
Mostly Sunny
16°
10°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
19°
9°


What I am reading
Premonitions by Heather Graham

On my tv 
Big Brother (big finale is this week!)
'O
Unité 9
Le jeu
Demain des hommes
L'heure bleue
Les Simone
District 31


Menu - planning

Monday - chicken stir fry and rice
Tuesday - macaroni 
Wednesday - Soup and grilled cheese
Thursday - spaghetti
Friday - ?

On my to-do list
Did regular chores during the weekend.
Today is:
- Post here
- If not too cold go cut some flowers outside (otherwise will do it when it warms up)
- Maybe start washing some windows (not sure about that because the fence is not finished yet and it's gonna make dirt)
- Rudy day!!!  I think I might start wrapping the stocking stuffers
- Prep card & gifts for 2 upcoming birthdays
- Bake cookies
- Make some R-Krispie squares
- Send email to designer to say which ceramic we are choosing 
- Order ink for printer
- Put ebooks on key
- cook macaroni for tomorrow

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.

Looking forward to
Celebrating Rudy day

A simple pleasure
Starting up the fireplace this morning

From the camera




Pictures in 2 Galleries d'art in Old Quebec
                             

Quote of the week or rather a Rudolph day joke :)

What's worse than Rudolph with a runny nose?
Frosty the snowman with a hot flush!

14 comments:

  1. Haha, the joke was cute! Sounds like you've been busy lately. Hopefully your new co-workers will warm up soon. I'm eager to see what you create in your watercolor class. Enjoy this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately watercolor class was cancelled. No matter still have lots to do!

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post, Lucie! It's too bad that the people at work aren't very friendly. Maybe they'll loosen up over time. Taking a watercolor class would be nice. We don't have anything like that anywhere near where I live. I would enjoy it if we did! Sounds like you've got a lot going on today. I don't understand what Rudolph Day is, but enjoy it. (I will Google it later and find out.) Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rudolph day is the 25th of the month, it is the one day a month where we think and plan for upcoming Christmas. It might be as simple as watching a Christmas movie or listening to Christmas music or you could work on handmade gifts or your master gift list :)

      Delete
  3. Ohmygoodness, Lucie!!! I just Googled Rudolph Day and I am so exited! This is something on the order of what I wanted to do last year and just didn't make it. By joining in now, next year will be a totally different story! Thanks for mentioning Rudolph Day! I love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Rudolph day. Have tons of ideas of what to do on that day. Mostly enjoy some good-feeling Christmas time.

      Delete
  4. Love your joke this week! I'm a sucker for those types of jokes and tend to drive my boys crazy with them. Maybe your co-workers just take a while to warm up? Hope your daughter's procedure goes well. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a wonderful week too. Time will tell with the new job, as long as I have work to do it'll do.
      I love corny jokes

      Delete
  5. I'm so sorry to hear about all of the sickness your family is dealing with, I will be praying for you all! Hahaha and your joke was great! I had never heard of Rudy day but I'm glad I did! I actually was thinking today about how Im never prepared for Christmas before December... this is a great idea! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great week too :) we are never too prepared for Christmas

      Delete
  6. awe-right! The first Christmas joke of the year!!! Do you live in Quebec City? I loved it there, and lived in Edmonton ALTA for a couple years. It's so cold there already... so hot here in CO.
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I live near Quebec city (the suburbs). it gets too cold in winter -30C and too cold in summer +30 C ... I love autumn temperatures are just great.

      Delete
  7. Love the pictures from the gallery, especially the top one. Best of luck on your daughter's procedure!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too love that picture from the gallery. Have a great week

      Delete