Monday 10 September 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-09-10

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

It will be a stressful week - I will be working in another sector at my job.  Seems I had a 'choice' - I didn't feel I did so I accepted.  I will be starting this week - I get to keep my 4days-32hours.  I will have LOTS of work, which is a good thing.  Will miss my CW's but will go see them from time to time.  And then next Saturday is govt exam.

Have tons to do at home but don't want to work for nothing so my usual deep cleaning is getting pushed on the side until the bathroom remodel gets done... it is going slow!  Guess 2019 will be getting back on my regular routine.

The weather
Mon.
Mostly Cloudy
18°
13°
Tue.
Scattered Showers
20°
15°
Wed.
Mostly Cloudy
23°
14°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
26°
16°
Fri.
Partly Cloudy
28°
19°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
28°
18°
Sun.
Mostly Sunny
28°
18°

What I am reading
Les Héritiers du Fleuve T2 by Louise Tremblay-D'essiambre
Takes place at the end of the 1800's in rural Québec.  I love reading books like this.

For those who asked about Sharp Objects - by Gillian Flynn, I must admit it is very different from what I thought - It is gruesome - I do not think it's the kind of book I will forget.  Worth reading but would not reread it.

On my tv 
Big Brother
Regular programming will start again this week.

Menu - planning
I made spaghetti sauce on Saturday, cabbage rolls and a veggie-ground beef - bechamel casserole (a new recipe - tasted great!)
Monday - cabbage rolls
Tuesday - chicken vol-aux-vents
Wednesday - omelette & beans (breakfast for dinner)
Thursday - will have to check what is left in freezer and use that up
Friday?

On my to-do list
Regular chores


What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a pair of knitted socks and a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.
Work on felt ice cream cones for a Halloween costume

Looking forward to
Gaining control on my work situation

Something I watched
Finished season 2 of Outlander

From the camera


Picture at 6:00 am near my work place


 Cycling competition in Old Quebec City

                                    

Quote of the week


8 comments:

  1. What a pretty picture of your workplace. I hope the job itself becomes as pretty as the picture. And your inspiration is soooooooo TRUE! Have a great week and good luck on your exam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quote! Good luck with your new position at your job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quote! Hope you get your new work situation settled very soon. Your workplace certainly has a beautiful view. That's how I feel about most of her books, they're gripping but rather gruesome. Gone Girl seemed a bit milder but I remember my sister in law gave it back to me, didn't even want to finish it. Too much for her. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Menu looks great! Am praying for a peaceful transition at work and love the photos taken near your job! Beautiful! Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that quote! Sounds like you're quite the busy bee. Enjoy!
    Laura of Harvest Lane

    ReplyDelete
  6. girl!! I finished season two of outlander too and it was awesome, if a bit graphic. I got to see Diana Gabaldon in DC at the Nat'l book festival when we lived there. Nice to meet you, I'm new to the link party! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for letting us know about Sharp Objects. I may pick it up - I like the gruesome stuff sometimes. I love Outlander - so much to catch up on! I may start rewatching from the 2nd season before going on!

    ReplyDelete