Tuesday 26 December 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-12-26

 Good morning and Merry Christmas!

Last weekend we arrived at dd's on the 23rd in the afternoon.  DS and family also met us there. My family arrived on the 24th in the afternoon.  Nice family-time.  Santa came for a visit too.

We all left after breakfast the 25th (dd was going to her in-laws in the afternoon).  Us, sis, bil and parents went to my uncles for a visit and stayed for lunch.  We came back home at 5:00 pm.

Today will be laundry and putting away a few Christmas items (and try to declutter a few more items while at it).

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The Weather

No snow for Christmas. 
Tue
Cloudy
3°
-1°
Wed
Cloudy
0°
-3°
Thu
Mostly cloudy
0°
-5°
Fri
Snow
-3°
-3°
Sat
Cloudy
-1°
-4°

Looking around the house
Full Christmas mode is still on.
Thinking and pondering
Planning for 2024
Mom - she did not recognize my son at first and then at my uncle's house she was saying she was in her house in Abitibi (she move away from there over 60 years ago).  It gave me a jolt.

Tv this week
Christmas movies and specials  

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
From the freezer.  

On my reading pile
The Peacock Emporium - Jojo Moyes

On my to-do list

This week
  • Laundry
  • Vac
  • Take down some Christmas decor
  • lots of planning
  • Debriefing Christmas 2023
  • Whatever else needs to be done
Decluttering 
  • 1 plastic paint pallet
  • 1 big undrflooring canvas (sold on Marketplace)
  • 5 magazines
  • 1 elf
  • 1 ladder + 3 elves (going to dd's)
However the walking dead dvds to be given to my niece came back as sil said no 

Upcoming this week
Going to sis's for NY's Eve and maybe a day before to help clean at mom's house but dad has to cooperate and take her out for a few hours.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Christmas movies and planning for 2024

My simple pleasure
Christmas movies and planning for 2024


From the camera:
DD's family

DS's family

Supper (oops not served yet!  Pea soup, Tourtière, dessert)



With Grandma and grandpa






Funny of the week:











1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Christmas filled with family. Though I am so sorry about your mom, I cannot imagine how hard that must be. Hmm...your funny makes me take a minute and think how ready for next year I'll be if I simply leave it all up ;) Hope you have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete