Monday 13 November 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-11-13

Good morning

What a busy work week!  so much to do.

We had grandkids for supper and to sleep over on Thursday.  Xavier has found a rock and he thinks it's a dinosaur egg and if he takes good care of it he'll get a dinosaur! haha

Friday I worked from 6:30 to 9:30 (wanted to take the whole day off but too much work), then we went to town, did a few errands and dh had a gastroscopie (camera in the mouth), all went well.

Saturday we had supper at sil's for my niece's 23rd bday.  DS and family were at dd's house for a children bday party for Alysanne - 4 years old.

I started decorating as I was cleaning up rooms on Saturday.

Not going in-town for work this week as not working enough days.  Mondays are my usual days off, and then I will be Thursdays and Friday off (and probably wednesday afternoon if I don't have too much work)

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The Weather

November temperatures, freezing nights and below 10C during the days

Looking around the house
Christmas decor is starting to cozy up the house

Thinking and pondering
A busy week coming up

Tv this week
Big brother, Alertes, Aller Simple, discussions avec mes parents, Killing Eve, The walking dead, Le bon docteur, Après le déluge, Mégantic, Entre deux draps, Indéfendable, Stats, Les moments parfaits, Nurses, une affaire criminel, some Christmas movies, started Yellowstone too... way too much
Have started dvr'ing Christmas movies

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
No idea, ...

On my reading pile
L'enragé by Sorj Chalandon

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Vac main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Dust all main floor
  • Laundry
  • Started decorating
  • Paid bills
  • Send osteo bill to insurance company (they pay 30$ out of 100$ :( )
  • Start packing seriously
  • Prepped bday cards and wrapped gifts for upcoming bdays
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Wrap ornaments I made for friends
  • Figure out and wrap stocking stuffers
  • Do a few hours of telework
Decluttering 
  • 1 small Christmas tree (all needles were falling off)
  • 1 expired eye ointment
Upcoming this week
Wednesday we leave for sis's house.  Thursday until Sunday .. a trip to visit Chicago.

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Knitting

My simple pleasure
Clean house

*** Thanksgiving Tips, DIY, Ideas or recipes ** (new category)
Recipe we make for the Holidays
Ragoût de boulettes (meatball stew)
Meatballs
1 1/4 lb minced pork
1 1/4 lb minced beef
1 tablespoon sarriette (I think it's called savory herb?)
1 small minced onion
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon powdered ground clove
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
Salt & pepper
Toasted flour

2 enveloppes St-Hubert's Ragout gravy
8 to 10 pure pork sausages
* I add worcestershire sauce and a little beef Bovril

Prep meatballs (I make mine quite big so they don't harden). Roll in toasted flour. Sear in hot oil a few seconds on each side. This will insure that they stay firm when added to the gravy.

Prep gravy according to package (1 enveloppe 8 meatballs, 3 enveloppes for 24 meatballs). Add meatballs and let simmer 45 minutes. *I finish them in the oven at 350 - 2 hours - take lid off pot 15 minutes before the end so gravy thickens (or use cornstarch). Can also be done in crockpot.

Boil sausages 15 minutes and add 20 minutes before the end of cooking to the meatball/gravy pot.

Suggested serving: 3 meatballs + 1 sausage + boiled potatoes + beets

From the camera:

Xavier and his dinosaur egg



Coming up soon:




4 comments:

  1. Keep us posted on that dinosaur egg, you know what they say in that first Jurassic Park movie: Life will find a way ;) The recipe sounds good, thank you for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find the video so cute. Do you guys speak French? I can't hear it well ;-) But how adorable it is. Wish you a good week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we speak French. I went to English school so that's why I'm bilingual

      Delete
  3. Oh my word - Xavier dreaming on his rock as an egg is the sweetest thing ever!! I loved watching the video and trying to remember back to my high school French class (I had 4 years but soooo rusty. Lol) I did recognize "Oui, c'est l'oeuf!" Lol Just love it!! 😍 Your meatball recipe sounds absolutely divine! Love those sweeter warm spices with the savory - so holidays. 😋
    Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete