Tuesday 25 July 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-07-25

 Good morning - post going up on Tuesday

I'm on vacation and we went to visit dd's boyfriend's parents during the weekend at their house near a lake.  Nice people, nice place.  We got back home Monday afternoon with dh having a cold and now it's my turn :(.. good thing I had nothing planned for my vacation this week.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Hot and muggy in the forecast all week

Looking around the house
Need to do regular housechores

Thinking and pondering
Hoping this cold goes away quickly so I can enjoy my vacation days

Tv this week
Christmas movies which I dvrd

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing

Things on the menu this week
Absolutely no idea

On my reading pile
The plains of passage by Jean Auel (rereading - summer reading)


On my to-do list
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry, laundry, laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Work on Christmas ornaments
  • Sweep gazebo
  • Weed plants

Decluttering
  • DH sold a car bike holder on Marketplace

Upcoming this week
No idea, we'll see how we feel and decide as we go

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Felt gingerbread men ornaments.  I'd like to do some urban sketching.

My simple pleasure
Pizza - I love pizza

From the camera:





Fun for the week:





5 comments:

  1. Hi dear Lucie! I hope you feel better soon! Hot and muggy here too. But I last minute decided to do Christmas in July today! I'm listening to Christmas music as I type this and as I did chores this morning. Going to squeeze in a holiday movie between running errands. Then making a holidayish themed dinner tonight and my son even coming over for it! Merry Christmas! 🎄 🌟 (in July 😉 )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see your photos. Oh, hot and muggy is not funny. Here, it's starting to cool down nicely.

    Oh, there's another pizza lover in the house. My son especially loves Hawaiian pizza.

    How's your cold doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Fun for the Week graphic! I have a Peanuts Cookbook, full of recipes like Charlie Brown's Mother's Buttered Oven Potatoes and Lucy's Lemon Squares. I bought the book at a book fair when I was in the 5th grade and loved the Great Pumpkin Cookies. Years later, I found the book second-hand and what memories it brought back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a nice photos, I see you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful place for a vacation! Oh, I love pizza as well though I do have one son who is not a huge fan. Hope your week is going great so far!

    ReplyDelete