Monday 21 November 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-11-21

Good morning and Happy Thanksgiving week to my American friends

Was feeling blah most of the week with covid, headaches, coughing and sore throat.  Worked from home all week.

We had snow on Wednesday (7 inches) and ddil came here for supper after picking up the kids as we had snow tires on our suv and she didn't  - so we drove them home afterwards.

Thursday ds & ddil worked from town so dh picked up grandkids at daycare and they slept here.  DH drove them back to daycare Friday morning.  Grandpa slept downstairs with Anne-E (she was in her small park).  Xavier slept with grandma - he sure moves around during the night.  They loved the train under the Christmas tree.

Saturday I did some housechores and it was a nice winter day here -2C with no wind so we took a long walk in the afternoon and then I had some tea on the patio and read a little (in my snowsuit).  

Sunday was a more relaxed day and we had supper at a local pizza joint with sil & bil.

DD is trying to rent her appartment to go live with her boyfriend.  told her I'd buy her 3-year old fridge.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  - 




The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Snow
-2°
-9°
Tue
Mostly cloudy
-4°
-7°
Wed
Snow showers
0°
-11°
Thu
Mostly cloudy
-3°
-6°
Fri
Snow showers
-1°
-3°

Going to be cold on wednesday night with -11C

On my mind 
Today is my day off work and I thought I'd do 1 hour of work (so tomorrow will be less long and because I have TONS to do)... ended up doing 1,5 hour and people calling me because they can't seem to work together?! geez
Work is alot these days and I feel a weight on my shoulders.  will meet my boss tomorrow for something else and will tell her how all the pressure is difficult for the employees.
Wanting to feel better, tired of being tired and having headaches and coughing.

Upcoming this week
Nothing planned - and that's a GREAT thing.
 Wednesday dh will pick up grandkids, as parents are working in town, and they will be here for supper.

On the breakfast plate
Millet cream and a glass of water

On my reading pile
Magic Lessons (the prequel) by Alice Hoffman

On my tv
Personnes d'intérêt (saison3)
L'échappée
5e rang
Chanteurs masqués
Stats (saison 1)
Indéfendables (saison 1)
Doc
Le bon docteur
Discussion avec mes parents (saison 3)
Alertes 
Qui sait chanter
Une affaire criminelle
Entre deux draps
Les moments parfaits
Hôtel (saison 1)
Alerte (saison 2)
When calls the heart (season 3)
Been rewatching the twilight series

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week
No idea whatsoever, feeling too blah to think about it BUT I did take out recipes this weekend and made 2 piles (those I'm missing some ingredients) and those I can make right away... desserts and casseroles for the Holidays.

From the camera:
Nothing

Looking around the house

Not too bad but still feeling like there is too much stuff in this house!

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Deep-clean basement bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Start filling up $$ cards for Christmas
  • Worked on Christmas gift list - we will reduce gifts this year and will advise the children for next year it'll be less.  With dh not working we have to cut somewhere.
Monday
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor
  • Post here - DONE
  • Do 1,5 hours at work
  • Try to do a Jesse Robertson painting tutorial

Decluttering
  • 3 old tootbrushes from basement bathroom
  • 2 sweaters
  • 1 set of Christmas string lights
  • 1 pair of sunglasses
  • 1 curtain panel

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Finish watching Twilight series
Paint tutorial to do.

Funny of the week





4 comments:

  1. I hope you get some rest and continue to recover. Need to put that quote about the snow somewhere I can see it for the next few months (though we don't usually get any serious snow 'til late January/February in these parts). Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you continue to feel crummy sweet Lucie! I hope everyone is well soon. I can just picture a sweet train under the tree. I bet the Little do just love that! I love your inspiration - wise words. Have a blessed rest of your week! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure hope you feel better soon! Despite not feeling good sure sounds like you are getting a lot done. Hope the rest of your week goes well and your work hassles lighten up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish you a good recovery. How was the rest of your week? And snow. Do you have a picture of it? Greetings from the Netherlands. Og and thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete