Monday 26 September 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-09-26

Welcome Fall!

Busy week and weekend.  Work, housechores, Thursday went to funeral parlor to express our sympathies for the mother of someone we know, grandkids on Friday (of course daycare was closed again). Both still have a cold (coughing and runny nose).  Finished a painting on watercolor paper on Friday night.

Saturday was outside work in the morning and then in the afternoon funeral of dh's cousin (67 cancer) followed by a small gathering offered by his wife and then supper with some of dh's cousins and finished off the evening at another cousin's house.  DH was happy to have some times with his cousins that he does not see alot of. 

Sunday was more outside work but kind of cold so did some inside chores too.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Showers
16°
12°
Tue
Showers
17°
11°
Wed
Showers
17°
8°
Thu
Partly cloudy
13°
4°
Fri
Sunny
16°
6°

On my mind 
Hoping the grandkids feel better this week.  
Neighbor (and friend)'s grandson (3) has celulitis in his eye - he is at hospital with intravenous antibiotics and they need to see infectiologue.  Hoping all will be well.
Neighbor had a 4month checkup for cancer.. was fine last time but not so this time.  She had an emergency biopsy this week (results in 10 days) and another exam scheduled for next Tuesday.

Upcoming this week
Isn't it fun? I don't think we have anything on the schedule this week... Yay!

On the breakfast plate
Toast with peanut butter and oat milk

On my reading pile

La Veuve by Gil Adamson... not sure if I like it or not yet.


On my tv
 
Big Brother
Personnes d'intérêt (saison2)
L'échappée
5e rang
Chanteurs masqués
Stats
Indéfendables
Doc
Le bon docteur
Cerebrum (saison 2)
Discussion avec mes parents
Avant le Crash (saison 2)
Alertes 
Qui sait chanter
Pour toi Flora
Ana et Arnaud
Les honorables (saison 2)
Une affaire criminelle
C'est comme ça que je t'aime
Entre deux draps
Les moments parfaits
Chouchou
Hôtel

Way too much!  Have cut down a few new ones which did not stir my interest.  In those that remain too many dramas.


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Advent traditions in Denmark


On the menu this week
This category does not work for me anymore as with DH here it is not fixed... when the kids were young I would plan for the week.  Now with just the 2 of us we go as we feel.



From the camera:
It was on paper so not the greatest picture of the painting I did with a Jesse Robertson tutorial




Looking around the house
The ordinary is done but I need to tackle some extra chores

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Vac'd main floor
  • Dusted kitchenette
  • Laundry
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Cut flowers and plants for winter, weeded and relocated plants
  • Washed exterior basement windows
  • Ordered propane for fireplace this winter

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep for work tomorrow
  • Start the Lantern painting of Jesse Robertson
  • Make a card for dniece's upcoming bday in October
  • Work in basement
  • Pay cell phone bill
  • Go vote by anticipation for provincial elections
Woke up with a terrible headache... so will see whatever gets done

Decluttering
  • 1 bathing suit 
  • 1 recipe book
  • 1 handmade decor item that has done its time
  • 3 pants
  • 2 capris
  • 5 vests
  • 5 sweaters

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Work on the lantern acrylic painting
Start cuffs on felt ornaments



Funny of the week












11 comments:

  1. Hope your grandkids feel better. It certainly does seem as if their daycare is closed more often than it is open. Sorry for your recent losses. I think your painting is very nice, you are very talented. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jean. Grandkids are still sick.. they don't go to daycare often but when they do they catch something haha

      Delete
  2. I will keep your grand kids and neighbors in my prayers. Look at those sweet little faces!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the vivid colors in your painting. Your grands are getting so big! I had to chuckle at your lack of a menu. Last month I abandoned my monthly menu. I just asked my husband last night if he thought I should bring it back and he said no. My only concern is that I make the same meal too often, but so far that hasn't happened. It feels so odd to drop something that I've been doing for 25 years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was thinking of bringing back the menu planning but dh prefers it this way... maybe I should just plan 2-3 meals and the rest can be as we feel.

      Delete
  4. Happy new week dear Lucie! So sorry for your losses. Prayers sent for All.
    Your painting is just lovely!! And I love seeing the holiday traditions of others. What a fun video! Your grandkiddos are so sweet. 😍 And your funny this time was the best!!! 😆

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure if you got my comment? It was acting weird. Sympathies on your recent losses and prayers sent to All. Your painting is beautiful!! And I love seeing the holiday traditions of other countries and cultures. Thanks for sharing! Your grandkids are the sweetest 😍 And your funny was perfect this week!! 😂

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting. What a nice colors. It's already Wednesday. Did you work on your lantern painting? What is it that you like acrylic paint? The structure? I hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the lantern painting! I would like to learn watercolor but the tutorials I found which I like are of acrylic , so for now I'm doing the ones that catch my eye (and for which I find some time!) Have a good week too

      Delete
  7. Keeping it short and sweet since I am so VERY late this week! I hope your week was great and the weather is good as we head into October! Great pictures. See you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete