Monday 22 August 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-08-22


Good morning!

I think I forgot to mention that my daughter told us 2 weeks ago that she wants to move - she is not getting along with her roommate.  That implies a move and twice $$ for the new rent.  Here, in Quebec, moving day is July 1st... which means almost no appartments for lease so less choice and prices have skyrocketed since pandemia.  She also had to buy new washer, dryer and couch (she had sold the ones she had when she moved in with the roommate).  She has yet to sign her new lease as the owner is away on vacation.  Moved is scheduled for August 27... so that weekend will be taken with that.

Also, the daycare for grandkids will be closing as the owner wants to sell her house and move away... so they are trying to find a new place which is VERY complicated... sigh...  they are not lucky with daycare.

Friday night we went to see a musical show in the park with neigbors.

Last weekend we went to my brother's house for a corn on the cob party (épluchette de blé d'inde) with hotdogs and cake for my dad's birthday and my niece's birthday.  We got  to clear out the fridge again and some stuff in the cupboard and on her bedroom drawers... again 2, 5 big garbage bags taken out... we only had 45 minutes without mom there.

Today is yucky phone calls (cable, cell phone), picking up, prepping for the week ahead..

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Scattered thunderstorms
26°
18°
Tue
Showers
23°
17°
Wed
Showers
27°
16°
Thu
Showers
23°
14°
Fri
Showers
20°
11°
 

Chances of rain everyday

On my mind 
HATE, HATE, HATE having to make phone calls to cable and phone company.  Takes over an hour everytime and it is never satisfying.

Upcoming this week
Tuesday eye exam - I know I will need new glasses... haven't done any exam since pandemia and my eyesight has lowered again.
Next weekend - moving dd.

On the breakfast plate
2 toasts with cheese and oat milk

On my reading pile

Les Jeux de l'Extinction 

by A.G.Riddle


On my tv
Christmas movies 
Big Brother
Personnes d'intérêt (saison 1)

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

None and no tv either

On the menu this week
Yet to be figured out


From the camera:
Brothers and sisters
Dad and Kasandra
My little ones


Looking around the house
It looks not too bad, but so much to do!

On my to-do list

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Call cable....phew just finished... no new rebates but at least they took off the raise that was applied... will have to call back in December... sigh...
  • Call cell phone... humm... might wait to see if it corrects itself next month?
  • empty a few plastic tubs to bring to dd's for the move
  • vaccum
  • wash main bathroom
  • prep for tuesday work
  • prep some veggies (dump soups, bouilli)
  • Fall decor
  • Ironing
  • Put Christmas pictures from last year on hard drive and off my cell phone
  • would love to start a painting but not sure I'll have the time

Decluttering


To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Work on Christmas ornaments

Funny of the week






4 comments:

  1. You have a busy few weeks ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dear Friend! I'm sorry for the crazy and complicated of your daughter's move. Praying it all goes well. You have such a beautiful family and LOVE the grandkids pic. So sweet. 💕 Your funnies always give me the best giggles. Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your funny! Moving sounds quite complicated up there. I hope your daughter gets it all figured out and done smoothly. Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really hope your daughter can get things sorted out, especially the daycare situation. Have a wonderful week! ♥

    ReplyDelete