Monday 20 June 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-06-20

Good morning 

We had grandkids for supper and sleep on Thursday night (my son was out of town for business for 2 days and ddil had to pick him up at the train station Thursday night).  

Normal work week but my promotion is finally on my pay!

We went to my parent's house over the weekend for Father's day.  Tried to go see my aung (she only has a few weeks left with her cancer but she was not able to see us on Saturday as too sick and Sunday was her helicopter tour to see the place where she was raised). I did manage to empty mom's fridge of some stuff gone bad when she was in the spa with dad.  We saw my sister outside as she now has covid too.  I played some games with niece on Saturday and took walks with mom.  My brother had us over for supper on Sunday night.  We left at 8:30 and got home at 11:30 pm!  

So this morning is putting away weekend stuff and regular housechores.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Sunny
21°
8°
Tue
Partly cloudy
21°
13°
Wed
Mostly cloudy
24°
13°
Thu
Showers
22°
14°
Fri
Scattered showers
25°
15°


On my mind 
Summer vacations coming up... trying to get someone to go clean my parent's house while we are away with the parents in a cabin for 3 days.
Got a doctor's prescription to try out bio-identical hormones, so have started that this week.  we'll see if it does any good.
Housechores, planning for the 3-day weekend, things I'd like to do during the summer ..

Upcoming this week
Lunch for a cw's retirement -  June 23rd.
Friday is a national holiday - St-Jean-Baptiste so I have a 3-day work week.  will try to only go in-office 1 day.

On the breakfast plate
Raisain-cinnamon toasts and oat milk

On my reading pile

La fille du pasteur Cullen Tome 2 by ucy Diamond

On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
La pecheresse (saison 3)
New Amsterdam
Movies from Lifetime channel
Christmas movies 

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

None


On the menu this week
Chicken and??  we brought a big grass-fed chicken from dad's house last weekend.  He still has 4 in the freezer and wants to get rid of freezer since mom can't cook anymore.  

From the camera:
Something I'd like to try out


Looking around the house
Needs a normal clean up

On my to-do list

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor 
  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • ?? I want to try a new paint tutorial too
  • It's going to be nice out so might put everything aside and go read outside this afternoon
Decluttering 
  • Had 2 bags prepped for nieces which were delivered this weekend
  • 1 pen
  • 1 hanger
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Work on a pair of knit socks
CIJ blogposts 

Quote of the week





















4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a busy, but good weekend getting to see so much family. Glad you had a good time. Enjoy the holiday and have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for the promotion on the pay! The branch with the pictures looks neat. Hope you have a great week and enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I like Rasin Cinnamon Bagels toasted...yummy. I've working on a quilt
    right now. I also like the pictures on a tree branch..what great idea. I
    like your quote. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lucie!
    It seems covid is everywhere again around here. Sigh. So frustrating! I"m glad you were still able to see your Sis and take of the things for your Mom.
    Praying the hormone therapy works for you!! ;)
    Love your funny as always. ☀️ 😊
    Have a blessed week ahead. xoxo

    ReplyDelete