Monday 13 June 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-06-13

Good morning 

Recap of last week:

Work was very busy as we were to be on strike all this week but there was tentative agreement that will be needed to be voted on so strike-week was cancelled which is a good thing.  Since everyone thought we were to be on strike the work week was very hectic.  Our parking was to be free all year to help us with our going back to the office.. all that was cancelled and it will be $7,50 a day starting in July... I am so over how things are going these days

We had grandkids (and the dog) all weekend starting Friday (dh picked them up from daycare) as kids wanted to celebrate their 5 years together in a cabin.  Used to be easy to put them to sleep but getting harder nowadays... Xavier would run to go to sleep... now he wants us to stay with him until he falls asleep and it takes a long time.  Anne-E is easier but she wakes up crying often.  It was nice having them but I have run out of energy.  We learned on FB that my son gave ddil an engagement ring during their weekend.  UPDATE:  they say they will get married in 2-3 years.

Saturday was a running marathon here (1km, 2,5 km, 5km, 10km and 21 km), dh was volunteering for the parking and had to be there at 5:30 in the morning.  I got the kids ready when they woke up and we went to see the festivities in our street.  Saturday night dh went to a party for his cousin's birthday... I was to be quiet with sleeping kids... ha!  I had been awake since 3:30 (no one's fault) and wanted to go to bed early... couldn't get Xavier to fall asleep before 8:30 and then Anne-E woke up 3 times crying from 9:00 to 11:30 .... so forget the sleeping this weekend.

Sunday the grandkids were picked up at 3:00 by their parents.  We then chatted outside with neighbors until 5:30.  

Only thing accomplished was laundry this weekend.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)

Mon
Scattered showers
22°
11°
Tue
Scattered showers
21°
12°
Wed
Mostly sunny
26°
15°
Thu
Scattered thunderstorms
25°
19°
Fri
Scattered thunderstorms
24°
13°
Should be a balmy week... with more rain.  well the grass is green!

On my mind 
Work... conditions, coworkers, in-office (gas, parking), etc...  years left until retirement... penalties if I take it earlier.  Officially I have to work until 61 for no penalties, otherwise it's 6% penalty per year... which means.. I've been there 20 years (count 2% per year for pension fund... which equals 40% of my regular pay)..  4 years left X 6% year: 24%.... So if I retire right away it would mean 40% - 24%= 16% of my pay for retirement... yuck!  On the other hand I really am at my witt's end.
Going to my parent's house next weekend and trying to help out a little.  It really is gettting quite complicated with mom's Alzheimers and I think dad is depressed.  sigh...  UPDATE:  Dad has covid as well as one of my brother's family.  We will see by the end of the week how things are.
Upcoming this week
Planning a lunch with some cw's for the retirement of a colleague. UPDATE:  Will be June 23rd, I have to confirm restaurant reservation.
Prepping for the weekend at my parent's house.
Doctor's appointment (routine check)

On the breakfast plate
Toasts and oat milk

On my reading pile

La fille du pasteur Cullen Tome 2 by ucy Diamond

On my tv
Absentia (2e saison)
La pecheresse (saison 3)
New Amsterdam
Movies from Lifetime channel
Christmas movies 

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

None


On the menu this week
Absolutely no idea

From the camera:


Painting I did with a Jesse Robertson free tutorial - Molly's Cottage in Ireland  It was alot of work with different techniques.


Looking around the house
Ugggh.....


On my to-do list

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry
  • 1:00 doctor appointment - DONE... good thing I checked my calender at 9:30... appointment was at 10:00!  was just in time.  Weight is the same as 6 months ago - 114 lbs.  He will prescribe the bio-genetic hormones - says it will take 1 month before I see results (small dosage to start with) and got another prescription for cold sore as I used up the one I had last week.
  • Vac main floor - DONE
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Mop floors - DONE
  • Pay bills
  • Prep for in-office work Tuesday
  • since I feel exhausted just don't know what will actually get done.
Decluttering 

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Work on a pair of knit socks
CIJ blogposts 

Quote of the week


















4 comments:

  1. Wow, so much going on for you. Congrats to your son and ddil! Sorry you found out on FB though. And that seems like a lot of money to pay to park each day! Is that typical? Hope your dad and family members with COVID recover quickly. Hope this week goes much better and is less hectic for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 7,50$ for parking is not expensive. I used to pay $120 a month but now in going 2 days it's better to pay per day. Have a great week

      Delete
  2. So much going on for you! Sorry the job is giving you so many headaches! I hope all the strike issues are settled soon AND you get some rest this week. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear beautiful Friend! Well giant hugs and prayers for all the not fun things going on. I pray that you catch up on your sleep and that the work situation gets better. Such a bummer about your retirement plan. Could you split the difference and work 2 more years for a better plan? The cost of things and crazy of the world feels overwhelming. But I pray it cycles around to better days as it usually does. That painting is just GORGEOUS by the way! Amazing job. 😊 I'm with you in finding the joy in a good cup of tea and a great book. 💗 Blessings Lucie

    ReplyDelete