Monday 3 January 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-01-03

Good afternoon!

Last week was a slow one, staying home, grandkids,  NY's Eve with my son and his family (they sleptover).  Walks in the evening.

Took down Christmas yesterday and vac'd afterwards.  

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Partly cloudy
-14°
-19°
Tue
Snow showers
-10°
-11°
Wed
Snow showers
-3°
-4°
Thu
Snow showers
-2°
-10°
Fri
Snow showers
-7°
-18°

Getting colder!


On my mind
Appointment for 3rd vaccine on Jan.6.
Back to telework on Wednesday
DH staying home for awhile while he decides if he goes back to work or if he retires. 
Grandkids' daycare - Caregiver needs less hours because she is having some problems with one of her children... so shorter days... and some days will be closed.  While my husband is here he will help out as much as possible.

On the breakfast plate
Oat bread toasts with cheese and oat milk

On my reading pile
Wintering by Katherine May 
Un homme tout simplement by Janette Bertrand

On my tv
Christmas movies
Les moments parfaits
Tonight regular programs start up again

....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week




On the menu this week
Monday - 
Tuesday - 
Wednesday -   
Thursday - 
Friday - 
Since my husband is here this week, it'll be as we go.



From the camera:


NY's Eve lunch



Looking around the house
Christmas is down and regular decor is up.  Feels nice to have 'less' stuff

On my to-do list
  • Laundry (last load is in dryer)
  • Wanted to do a painting by Jesse Robertson Keep It Colourful with Jesse Robertson - have started but instead went to see Xavier try his skates for the 1st time.
  • Pay bills
  • Exercise
  • Make a to-do list for the week
  • Ds and family are here so we had lunch, finally opened gifts (will post a picture of my gifts later on), grandkids are now napping.

Decluttering
  • DH decluttered a few things from basement cabinets
  • 4 small Christmas decor items

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Paint a log cabin in winter with Jesse Robertson free tutorial
Try my new Jasmin tea and work on a puzzle
Read in my bubble bath


Quote of the week:







4 comments:

  1. As nice as it is to have the festive Christmas everywhere, it always feels kind of refreshing to have all the space back doesn't it? Hope all goes well with your 3rd vaccine and that you have a wonderful first week of the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my Friend!
    I'm keeping up Christmas extra long this year because I'm hosting the January gf Christmas here. But I don't mind it and love the glow yet. I hope you had a nice New Years. I love your funny - the best!
    I especially love your relaxation list this week. Sounds perfect. 💕
    I pray that 2022 brings you and yours so many blessings for good health, happiness and lots of fun! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love decorating for Christmas, but also love when everything comes down and my normal decor is up.

    Sure looks like you have some very cold weather ahead, make sure to stay warm.

    Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE your funny for the new year's resolutions. I can't wait to see your log cabin painting. New Year's brunch looks yummy. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete