Tuesday 28 December 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-12-28

 Good morning!  Sorry to post this one day late but still on vacation and regular schedule is a mess.

20, 21 and 22 we babysat grandkids as they had colds and could not go to daycare.

We could be 10 in a house for Christmas celebrations so we went to my parent's house on the 23rd and came back the 25th (starting the 26th it's max of 6 per house).  We got to see my immediate family.  The 24th was just immediate family - we had ordered a lunch from caterer and I had brought desserts.  Sis and 1 sil had brought a few other things to add to the sandwiches, salads and veggie tray.  We played cards (we only play cards at Christmas!).  Not sure that half the time mom realized it was Christmas :(

My kids did not come (it's a 3-hour drive just to get there), because of the Covid and we would've been too many.  

DD is working for covid screening so she didn't want to chance bringing it in the house.  She should come here at some point so we can exchange our gifts.  Will wait a few days and if she can't come we will exchange and keep hers for when she comes.  Waiting to take down decorations too.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Tue
Snow
-4°
-13°
Wed
Partly cloudy
-6°
-10°
Thu
Snow showers
-2°
-4°
Fri
Snow showers
-1°
-3°
Sat
Rain and snow
1°
-6°


On my mind
Cases going up and up - we have our appointment for 3rd vaccine on Jan.6.
Waiting for dd to come to put away Christmas.
Mom - and things getting harder and harder
Dad - he is having a tought time of it all

On the breakfast plate
French toast and vanilla rice milk

On my reading pile
Wintering by Katherine May 
American Predator by Maureen Callahan

On my tv
Christmas movies

....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Nothing



On the menu this week
Monday - Poutine for me and hamburger for dh
Tuesday - 
Wednesday -   
Thursday - 
Friday - 
To be determined


From the camera:





Looking around the house
It's a mess - Lots of stuff everywhere with Christmas still up, I'm ready to take it all down

On my to-do list
Minimum maintenance, take down Christmas decor, errands at some point...
Plan NY's Eve (just me and ds's family, dd should be working)
Choose my word for 2022 - DONE 
My word will be COMMITMENT
Here's what I found in reference to it that speaks to me:
*Willingness to give your time & energy to something you believe in, or a firm decision to do something.
*Without commitment nothing happens - TD Jakes
*Perseverance / Keep on going / focus / self-discipline / dedication
*With hard work & dedication anythings is possible
*If you had starting doing anything two weeks ago, by today you would have been two weeks better at it - John Mayer.

I make a commitment to work on my health, self-development, relationships.

Also worked on my 2022 goals - DONE

Decluttering
  • While at my parent's house, dad took mom out of the house for a few hours so me, sis and one brother cleaned a corner of mom's bedroom where she accumulated stuff, and went through some of her clothes and got 5 or 6 big garbage bags out (to give or to throw away), also got 1 bag out of basement bedroom where we sleep.  I washed basement bathroom and got a small bag out of there too (only 1 small tablet was not done as mom came in when I was there - she does not want us to throw things away, but she doesn't remember what she had, so...).  I did bring a few things back here but not much (I'm trying to get things OUT of the house not IN)

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Watch Christmas movies, nap, .....work on a crochet scarf


Happy New Year's 2022! 


4 comments:

  1. Hope you get to have Christmas with your daughter soon and that everyone stays healthy! Information is mixed around here that I'm honestly not sure if our numbers are going up or just staying kind of steady. No restrictions currently though I do continue to wear my mask as I go out (as my boss told us, we don't need a mandate to know the right thing to do). Hope you have a peaceful last week of the year and a very happy New one. Love your word choice, working on a post for mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Commitment, a great word for the new year, something I need to work on! Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry the Christmas holiday is so stretched out - hope you see your daughter soon. Also hope the kids are feeling better. I like the words you chose for 2022. Have a great new year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays dear Friend! It is a bummer the world is still different and dealing with so many things nowaday. Annie was sick so lots of our celebrations cut short and changed. I love the Christmas photos! And sweet Xavier playing hide and seek. ❤️ Sorry that things progress with your Mom too. I know how very difficult that is. Blessings that 2022 brings the biggest and best blessings your way. xoox

    ReplyDelete