Tuesday 12 October 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-10-11

Good morning!  

I am late in posting this week.  we had family over this weekend for Thanksgiving - we had a nice time.  However sis had a sever allergy after supper Saturday and ended up in the hospital for the night.  Her face and lips got all puffy - 1st time something like that happens.  now she will have to figure out what she is allergic to.

Then on Sunday dh got sick before supper and me all night.  I don't know if it was indigestion or the 24-hour flu but my sides ache from vomiting too much.  so everyone left yesterday morning and I spent the day dragging and sleeping from time to time with tylenols all day and a splitting headache that wouldn't go away.  I took half a sleeping pill for the night.

This morning not up to par either (still have the headache and aching ribs).  Have tons of cleaning to do but it'll wait for now I'm just not feeling it.  will telework this morning and if not better will take the afternoon off.  No fun getting old.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The weather (in celsius)
Tue.
Mostly cloudy
21°
12°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
22°
13°
Thu.
Cloudy
17°
13°
Fri.
Showers
19°
13°
Sat.
Showers
18°
11

A rather nice balmy week

On my mind
Sis - I hope they figure out her allergy quickly - they had to give her an ibipen.
Hoping we all feel better soon.

On the breakfast plate
Nothing for now.  Yesterday I ate a soup and a banana in al my day

On my reading pile
Someone knows by Lisa Scottoline

On my tv

The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
Chaos
L'échappée
L'heure bleue
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
Après
Virage
Chanteur masqué
Drama movies on Lifetime that I've recorded
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week
How to host overnight guests simply

On the menu this week
Monday - Macaroni chinois
Tuesday - something with ham leftovers
Wednesday - 
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - 

From the camera:


 

Looking around the house
it's ok because sil, sis and mom picked up before leaving yesterday .  However I need to clean deeper.  Only thing done was the bathroom... multiple times!!

On my to-do list

This weeek
  • Vac main floor
  • Vac basement
  • Mop main floor
  • Wash basement bathroom
  • Wash all beds
  • Dust all main floor
  • Laundry
Fall to-do (whenever)
  • Put away screen windows
  • Halloween decor
  • Wash outside windows
  • Update cold & flu medication
  • Put away solar lamps
  • Change winter / summer clothes
  • Fill advent calendar
  • Prep Christmas card inserts
  • Prep Christmas cards with $$
  • Finish homeless bags
  • Start Christmas ornament
Procrastination list (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Start going through and purging pictures on phone
  • Schedule eye exam and get new glasses

Decluttering
  • Floating belt for kids
  • 1 pair of shoes
To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Work on knitted cowl - DONE - gave it to my niece this weekend
Work on felt ornaments
Read
Rest


Funny of the week 







3 comments:

  1. Oh no, sorry to hear you all were sick and of your sister's allergic reaction. Hope they figure out the cause quickly. Feel better and have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving! Sorry to hear you guys got sick. Hope you all feel better soon. Love the family photo... lots of smiling faces!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Dear Lucie
    Well I'm glad the gathering was nice, but so sorry about your Sis and you and the hubby not feeling well!! I hope they figure out her allergy and that you guys feel 100% soon. Allergies can be so scary.
    I love the videos you share. What great tips! And your funny inspirations are always the best. ;)
    Blessings on the rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete