Monday 20 September 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-09-20

Good morning!  Election day here for Canada's prime minister (we have voted by anticipation last week)

Was a busy telework week last week and then Friday afternoon I was off to participate in my husband's 1st prep. to retirement class. 

Friday night we went in town to try and reorder a dishwasher (ours had problems with the bottom basket falling down at the bottom)... we reordered same thing (it's a good dishwasher we were just unlucky)..except they don't have any delivery date :( 

Xavier spent the weekend here - he has a cold and woke up during the night Saturday (from 2:00 to 4:00 am) with slight fever.  He did go back to sleep until 7:00 in our bed with us.

My husband worked at my son's house on Sunday (putting wood frame around a garage door), applying sealer at a few places and pressure-washing all decks.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Sunny
23°
8°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
25°
14°
Wed.
Scattered showers
23°
17°
Thu.
Showers
21°
14°
Fri.
Showers
20°
12°
Just seeing this right now... I will finish cutting outside plants before the rain!   Will do us good to have some rain.

On my mind
Starting to plan our Thanksgiving weekend.  We tried to rent a cabin for the whole family but we are already too late for this year, so I invited my parents, brothers & sis here for that weekend.  First weekend of October here in Canada.

On the breakfast plate
Oat toasts and milk

On my reading pile
Gone Vicking by Helen Russell

On my tv
La belle vie avec Go-Van
Expat
Big Brother
Good witch (season 6)
The Walking dead (season 8)
Six degrés
Christmas movies
I need to schedule lots of new programs for the season:
Occupation Double dans l'Ouest
Chaos
L'échappée
L'heure bleue
Une autre histoire
Discussions avec mes parents
District 31
....

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

Last week was 'Get organized' virtual conferences.  I watched quite a few (only available 24 hours each - so can't share)  Can't say I learned alot but always nice continue having the decluttering mindset.

On the menu this week
Monday - 
Tuesday - 
Wednesday - 
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - 
We did not follow the menu-plan last week.  I have a few ideas for this week but might go to Costco's today so I will buy a few ready-made things.


From the camera:




Looking around the house
I like the cozy Fall decor.  I will try to find some 'Autumn' throws to add.  

On my to-do list

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry
  • Errands - will take up most of the day as I have to go to town.  I need pants before we get back to work in the office probably next month and would like to find some Fall decor and a new bedspread.
  • Cut and freeze some bell peppers
  • Cook some yellow beans
  • Wash main bathroom
  • ...
This week (extras before or after telework days)
  • Cut some plants outside
  • Deep clean basement bathroom


Extra things to accomplish if I have the time (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Cut out felt ornies - have to stop procrastinating on this
  • Start a new scarf or cowl
  • Paint 'birch tree' free tutorial by Jesse Robertson (only available free for 7 days and it was done last Saturday, so have to hurry)
  • Start going through and purging pictures on phone

Decluttering
  • 1 decorative hay broom
  • 1 t-shirt
  • 1 plastic scoop

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read, craft - paint, knit.  I finished a crochet scarf this week, it just needs blocking.

Funny of the week 



















3 comments:

  1. Hello from Kansas. Stopping by to see what you're up to. Love the funny saying! I laughed out loud.
    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope all goes well with the election my Friend! And always love the photos of your grandkiddos. They are so adorable! I think October is such a beautiful time of the year to have thanksgiving. I hope your gathering goes beautifully. Love your funny! 😆 Have a blessed rest of the week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your Thanksgiving coordinates with the beginning of fall :D

    I hope Xavier is feeling better. And the kids pictures are adorable. I LOVE your funny this week - too cute! I hope you're having a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete