Monday 31 August 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-08-31

 Good morning!

Last week had bloodwork on Monday.. will have results when I see the doctor in a few weeks but I think it should look good.

Had the breaks changed on our Rav-4, so no car for a few days.

Had my grandson & dog Saturday and Sunday.  My son and daughter-in-law for lunch Sunday and everyone left after supper.  Xavier is walking when pushing a small toy with wheels.  He is growing up so fast.

My son threw away some toys of his and brought a little to his house (dinosaurs and cars!), so that is that much less in the house.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Mostly sunny
20°
8°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
23°
15°
Wed.
Showers
22°
15°
Thu.
Mostly sunny
24°
17°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
20°
11°
Sat.
Partly cloudy
18°
11°



How I am feeling this morning
Had more hot flashes during the night so slept in the guest-office room with the window open, so much colder!  Feeling fine but lots to do today.

On my mind
Can't seem to get back on track with exercise.. had started small walks but now my Achilles'tendon is hurting :(  Have written down some stretches I MUST start doing daily.
Have 3 appointments today so hoping to get through that as quick as possible.  Hate having to go out for so  many things.  I like my 'at home' days.

On the breakfast plate
2 eggo waffles with butter and maple syrup and a glass of oat milk

On my reading pile
Le Tattoueur d'Auschwitch by Heather Morris

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 4)
Esprits criminels
Big Brother

On the menu this week
Lundi - chicken pot pie from the freezer
Mardi-  Pork chops and potatoes
Mercredi - General tao chicken
Jeudi -  Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


From the camera

A picture from the web... just love the colors and the abundance



Looking around the house
Needs picking up with the kids here over the weekend.  

On my to-do list  

Sunday
  • Laundry
  • Baked muffins
  • Washed main bathroom
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Vaccum main floor - DONE
  • Mop floors - DONE
  • More laundry
  • 9:30 massage therapist
  • 2:00 pm - physiotherapist
  • 3:15 - Estheticienne
  • Pick up mail
  • Ironing



To relax this week, I will  (or should I say in my crafting basket)
work on  knitted socks for mom
Continue reading my Gooseberry Patch book


Quote of the week 







5 comments:

  1. Your quote is PERFECT for how I've felt all week! And I love how your post makes me wake up with reaching back to my high school French to translate. I hope you get that "home" time to relax and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to your quote. Feeling that this week as I already mixed up my work schedule. SIGH. Love the Gooseberry patch books, so fun to flip through even for non-crafty people like myself. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You find the best quotes! We're leaving town on Thursday and so far I've thought it was Wednesday every day this week. Guess I really need a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's crazy how fast they grow up isn't it? Can't believe Xavier will be walking soon! I hope you figure out the stretches because I know that exercise portion is so important for us as we age.
    I relate with your inspiration way too well! Lol Have a blessed week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to start watching The Good Witch again, love that series!

    ReplyDelete