Monday 24 August 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-08-24

Good morning!

Last week got caught up on my telework.  However had to call cable company and credit card company... that took quite a long time!  all is supposed to bre resolved for now.. once again.

Picked up Xavier at daycare on Monday, Thursday and Friday.  He had supper here Thursday and Friday... My daughter came to town on Friday so she wanted to see him as much as possible.  Daughter-in-law had some outing in town and so did my son that evening so my grandson stayed the night (as did the dog).

Saturday  my son and daughter in law arrived for lunch and left afterwards to go to her dad's house with grandson and the dog.  My daughter went to the gym and then for a hike.  My husband worked at my son's house and I did laundry and relaxed outside for awhile.  Me, my husband and daughter went to a restaurant for supper and then we did groceries.

Sunday morning my son came early with Xavier so my daughter could see him before leaving.  DDIL was on a hike with the dog but came by for lunch.  My son went grocery shopping while Xavier slept and me & my daughter went in the attic to get out boxes of school papers and some more toys for Xavier.  My son & daughter went through the school boxes and decluttered alot.. I want them to keep only 1 small box each if possible.  Threw away a few small old toys and washed the rest.  Want my son to go through them and see if he wants some at his house (guessing he won't).  Then I will keep some and donate the rest.  There are soooooo many toys in the attic... It think it would be enough for a family of 10!!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Cloudy
22°
17°
Tue.
Scattered thunderstorms
23°
9°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
17°
8°
Thu.
Partly cloudy
19°
9°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
21°
12°
Sat.
Mostly cloudy
19°
11°

I'm very glad temperatures are going down.


How I am feeling this morning
Woke up later (was awake a few times during the night) and went for a walk.  Now I need to work on my to-do list.

On my mind
More decluttering.  My husband did NOT get rid of any of the couches in the basement and I feel overwhelmed.  I will pack a bag to take to the thrift shop this morning... at least it will make me feel better.


On the breakfast plate
2 toasts (oat bread) with peanut butter and honey and a glass of oat milk.

On my reading pile
Des nouvelles d'une petite ville T03 Mario Hades

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 3)
Esprits criminels

On the menu this week
Lundi - chicken pot pie from the freezer
Mardi-  Breakfast for dinner
Mercredi - Macaroni chinois and won-ton soup
Jeudi -  Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


From the camera






Looking around the house
Too much stuff everywhere!!  However I did pick up yesterday so it's fine.

On my to-do list  

Sunday
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Laundry
  • Baked muffins (well, dh baked them)
  • Groceries
  • Mopped floors
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Take a small 20 min walk - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • 13:15 Bloodwork
  • Pick up mail
  • Go to the post office to send some amazon returns
  • Pick up some scripts at the pharmacy
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Wash big shower
  • Ironing
  • Pick up Xavier at daycare at 4:15


To relax this week, I will  (or should I say in my crafting basket)
work on  knitted socks for mom
Make Christmas ornament prototype (still not done!)
Have some Rudy day fun... maybe look over a Gooseberry patch recipe book


Quote of the week 





4 comments:

  1. Your grandson has already really grown! So cute, great picture of the two of you. Going to have to share your quote of the week with my husband, LOL. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute picture of you and your grandson! He's getting big!
    Decluttering is always good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah, we purr!! That grandson of yours sure is a cutie, I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, love the quote! Your grandson is getting so big. Time just flies by with grands, doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete