Monday 15 June 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-06-15

Good morning

My sister and brother in law came by for the weekend and my daughter, my son, my grandson and daughter-in-law joined us and stayed the weekend too.  Everyone left Sunday around 10:30.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Mostly sunny
24°
11°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
27°
13°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
29°
16°
Thu.
Sunny
32°
17°
Fri.
Partly cloudy
27°
15°



How I am feeling this morning
Throat and righ ear are hurting ... will be so after 3 hours of taking the medication.  Have energy and finally seeing some stuff taken out of here is a good feeling.

On my mind
Mother-in-law was sent to the hospital last night... they have to figure out what is wrong and are waiting to know which hospital she was sent too... not easy to know anything with covid-19.

Lots of upcoming appointments... bloodwork appointments are hard to get with all that is deployed for Covid-19.
Need to make 2 more appointments for bloodwork in july and august (schedules are not out yet).   Also need a gynecologist appointment (unless at my appointment this morning doctor manages to get IUD out, but I don't think so), need to make 2nd shingles shot appointment also.

On the breakfast plate
1 date sqare and apple-nut muffins with a glass of almond milk and green tea

On my reading pile
Modites vacances de Cynthia Maréchal

On my tv
Bull (Saison 3)
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Project Blue book (season 1)
Movies that are dvr'd
Avocats de la rue
Mme Lebrun
Taxi 22
Non-coupable (season 1)

On the menu this week
Lundi - Grilled cheese sandwiches
Mardi- Chicken burgers
Mercredi - 
Jeudi - 
Friday - 
Haven't quite figure it all out yet

From the camera

Picture I picked up on the web :)  I love lemony pictures


Looking around the house
All looks in order and have finally been able to put some time in the basement so it's starting to look better.  Hopefully the work desk in my son's bedroom will be sold this Wednesday and that'll make more space in the room.

On my to-do list  
Done during the weekend
  • Dusted main floor (did it all on Friday before guests arrived)
  • Laundry
  • Baked muffins
  • Groceries
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Cut cantaloup
  • Made chocolate pudding
  • Prepped a spaghetti sauce in the crockpot
  • Finished washing gazebo
  • My husband finished painting the armoire, waiting for it to dry and fill it with my yarn.  Bought 2 bins to put it in... will need a few more!
  • Vaccumed basement
  • Washed basement bathroom
Monday
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu plan - in progress...
  • Call for bloodwork appointments in July and August
  • 10:00 Regular doctor's appointment in person as he wants to see me
  • Dollarstore errands (if not too many people in line) 
  • 11:30 haircut... will just get a haircut - no color for now... want to see what the gray looks like
  • Go babysit Xavier this afternoon while his mom and dad work - will be the last Monday as ddil will not be working Mondays from now on.
To relax this week, I will  
Craft
Start getting questions ready for a grandparent journal... mom is slowly forgetting things so it might be time to jot some things down. - not done yt

Quote of the week 






7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a lot on your hands. Praying for good results with your bloodwork. Also praying for your mother in law.

    Have a blessed week.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that inspiration! I hope all your medical gets sorted out and that all is well with your MIL. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the lemony picture as well! The local Dollar Tree apparently has some lemon themed dishes that are super cute but we don't need dishes. Glad you were able to have some family time over the weekend. Hoping you get all figured out with your mother-in-law and she makes a speedy recovery. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all things lemony! Also, your breakfast sounds delicious! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praying for your MIL... hope she recovers swiftly. Glad you're feeling more energetic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love lemons too, and your blog wallpaper is so stinking cute! My lemon tree is flourishing, too many lemons for just me, I shall freeze some and then take some down to my sons work and school. Your menu sounds yummy, I hope your MIL gets better quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your MIL recovers quickly. I love your lemony pictures and quote! We have a wonderful lemon tree which produces 9 months of the year even though the trunk was split in two in a storm four years ago. We propped it up hoping it might be ok and it is just as good as ever! The tree just keeps on giving! Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete