Monday 6 May 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-05-06

Morning!

No more snow  -we had great balmy temperatures all weekend.  Friday I took a day off as my daughter arrived Thursday night for a few days.  Friday, dd and I went to town for some errands and lunch.  Then we picked up groceries on the way back.  My son and his girlfriend (and the dog) came by for supper Friday night too and then we had a movie-night (Twilight) for the girls.  At some point dh went to bed and my son went to help his best friend who is moving in his own house.
Saturday we did spring chores and my sister-in-law came by for lunch - hamburgers on the grill - 1st grill of the season.  DD and I went to visit ds's best friend's new house too while walking the dog.  My daughter left around 3:40 as she has a big week coming up (4-days of on-the-job training) and a dance recital.  We spent the evening at one of dh's cousin's house and told them our big news (grandparents).
Sunday was more of spring chores day - dh also spent a few hours at my son's house to help patch up the hole in the driveway that the flooding had done.  We had supper at a local place with sil, bil and mil.  And then it was the grand finale of our local 'The Voice' , the 4 finalists were all great singers.

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
22°
10°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
15°
1°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
12°
1°
Thu.
Mostly Cloudy
12°
6°
Fri.
Rain
8°
7°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
14°
4°


What I am reading
No Home by Yaa Gyasi

On my tv 

New Amsterdam
Catastrophe
Le fardeau de la preuve
Le bon docteur
Some Hallmark mystery movies

Menu - planning
Monday - Tourtière 
Tuesday - pizza on english muffins
Wednesday - smoked meat sandwiches
Thursday - Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


On my to-do list 
During the weekend:

  • vaccumed main floor
  • washed main bathroom
  • did laundry
  • scheduled massage therapist appointement for the 13th (he wasn't available this week)
  • washed gazebo (dd washed the patio set)
  • got all the screen windows washed and put in place on main floor
  • baked muffins
  • made overnight oats for my breakfasts this week
  • cut pineapple and put in small bowls for work snacks
  • prepped small bowls of yogurts & fruits for dessert (lunches)
  • made hamburger patties with a big pack of ground beef
  • got LR curtains aired (or rather dh took care of that one)
  • mopped kitchenette and bathroom floors
  • started washing guard rails (have 1/3 done) - the sooth from the neighbor's garage fire last Fall seems to wash out now (it didn't at the time but with winter and rain it seems to be easier to take off)
  • Washed my winter bedding and got the summer one on my bed
  • I have a wood lantern that I emptied of Easter decor and filled with spring/summer decorations.

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE 
  • Yoga flow - DONE
  • Stop by the bank
  • Order on Amzon
  • Make some hard-boiled eggs
  • Mail more papers for dd's income taxes
  • Send some ebooks to a friend
  • Laundry 
  • Make pizza on english muffins
  • Crafting
  • Call mom 
  • Call cable company (not done last week)
  • Call knitting lady if I can go this afternoon or next week (went last Monday but still need to go to finish the sock heel)
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks.
Christmas-ornaments for gifts (crochet)

Looking forward to
Having an easy day today and sitting outside - maybe having lunch outside?

From the camera
My daughter's birthday was April 18th - she did have her gifts a few weeks back but she hadn't had a cake - this is one she chose (Praline cake)



Quote of the week 

12 comments:

  1. I really love that quote! I also love Twilight! Hahaha! That cake looks amazing, and WOW you had a busy weekend! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy! :) have a great week too

      Delete
  2. Girl, you are so busy!
    Reading your chore list made ME tired!
    have a beautiful day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping I can do my chores list today but it is not quite turning out as it should be, ah well whatever gets done, gets done.

      Delete
  3. I almost missed your good news.. Congratulations! Nothing better than being a grandparent!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - we are really looking forward to it. I will start crocheting baby stuff in a short while (as soon as we get the spring chores out of the way!)

      Delete
  4. Perfect quote for today. I just finished opening all our windows to let some fresh air in the house. You had a super busy weekend, lots accomplished. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your quote! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    I hope you have many open window days this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! No more snow and the first grill of the season! It doesn't get any better than that! I love your quote and, yes! I love having the windows open! No need of heat and no need of air conditioning...that's the best times of the year! Blessings for a great rest of the week and weekend! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! So glad you're getting better and even grilling! I did my first grilling over there last weekend too. ;) And happy belated to your beautiful daughter!! Have a blessed rest of your week xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoyed reading your post, even if I am late. Hope you had a WONDERFUL week - so sorry I'm running late - just glad I'm making it at all - being on vacation puts a crimp in my favorite blog time.

    ReplyDelete