Monday 29 April 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-04-29

Snow is mostly gone (one small patch in the back).

Was a quiet week with my husband in Montreal for work 2 nights (left Wednesday afternoon and came back Friday afternoon).  
Had 2 lunches out this week (1 with coworkers and 1 with ex-lady boss).

Okay so now that all the family has been notified I can post it here... I will be a grandma in December!  Learned about it 2 weeks ago (the reason why we went to dd's one afternoon to tell her before she learned about it on the social medias).  My son will be a dad in December and I'm sure he'll make a good one.

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
10°
3°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
13°
2°
Wed.
Rain
5°
3°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
12°
7°
Fri.
Showers
12°
6°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
13°
4°


What I am reading
The Chemist by Stephanie Meyer

On my tv 

New Amsterdam
La Vraie Nature
Catastrophe
Le fardeau de la preuve
Le bon docteur
La Voix
Some Hallmark mystery movies

Menu - planning
Monday - Porked chops , rice, 
Tuesday - spaghetti
Wednesday - Chineses stir fry, eggrolls
Thursday - Grilled cheese
Friday - ?


On my to-do list 
I deep spring-cleaned my bedroom armoire and drawers, 2 entryway closets, food closet.  Paid bills.  Baked muffins.  Vacuumed main floor.  Did ironing.  Washed some boots and put them away.  Put winter coats away.  Started putting away some winter clothes.
Planted a few spring bulbs.  Did more decluttering.

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow 
  • Menu plan - DONE 
  • Crafting
  • Call mom 
  • Wash main bathroom 
  • Prep Chines noodles
  • Cook supper
  • DH will pick up income tax papers tomorrow so to finalize it all (pay!)
  • Errands
  • Call sunbeam once again
  • Call cable company
  • Call knitting lady if I can go today or next week
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting

Christmas-ornaments for gifts (crochet)

Looking forward to
Finding baby stuff to crochet on Pinterest

From the camera
A picture of our wedding June 23rd 1990




Quote of the week 


10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on becoming a grandma, Lucy, and blessings over your unborn grandchild! Your menus look good and I love your wedding photo! What a beautiful bride and handsome groom! Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATULATIONS! and perfect quote to go with your new job of grandma! Great photo from your wedding. Sounds like spring may be there to stay for you - happy for you that you got such a jump on the spring cleaning. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love looking at pictures of weddings... you and your husband are a beautiful couple. How special!
    LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Such exciting news. And December is a great birthday month ;) Great wedding photo. Hope by next week all your snow is gone. Have a wonderful one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! I can't even imagine how excited you must be for the new baby. And as grandma you get to spoil him or her to your heart's content! Praying for a healthy pregnancy for your daughter-in-law. Best wishes for the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! Oh the fun things you are going to crochet for baby to be!!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really enjoyed stopping by! Congratularions in being a grandma! Thats so exciting! Your wedding picture s beautiful! I really hope you have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Dear Gal ;)

    Congratulations!! What exciting Spring news! I love your inspiration too. You must be over the moon. 🌝 ;) You're going to be a lovely Grandma.

    Love the wedding photo too. You look so pretty. Blessings on the rest of your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the new grand baby! The book sounds good, I'm going to have to add it to my ever growing list of things to read.

    Hope the snow is all melted and you have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations Grandma!! I love the wedding photo.

    ReplyDelete