Monday 12 November 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-11-12

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

Today is a holiday because of veteran's day so my husband is outside working on strengthening the gazebo roof for winter and putting a large tarp on the grass in front of the house for when the snowblowers pass.

Let's start this right off.  Snow, snow, snow in the forecast


The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
-3°
-4°
Tue.
Snow
1°
-10°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
-7°
-13°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
-5°
-11°
Fri.
Snow
-2°
-3°
Sat.
Snow Showers
-1°
-8°
Sun.
Mostly Sunny
-6°
-13°


What I am reading
Sans parler du chien by Connie Willis

On my tv 
'O
OD
Unité 9
Le jeu
Demain des hommes
L'heure bleue
Les Simone
District 31
Christmas movies (watched one on Saturday morning)

Menu - planning
Monday - Veggie soup for lunch with leftover pizza.  Supper will be eggrolls and General Tao chicken.
Tuesday - Chinese noodles
Wednesday - Smoked meat sandwiches (have been on the menu for a few weeks but not done)
Thursday - Spaghetti
Friday - ?


On my to-do list
Done during the weekend
Vaccum main floor and basement.  Wash both bathrooms (dh is still doing work in the main bathroom so lots of dust), called cable company and spent HOURS on the phone with them - they will be calling me back can't download their anti-virus properly), Menu plan, cook a big chicken (got my chicken cubed for Christmas sandwiches), make 2 rice-chicken casseroles (one for the freezer), cook sausage-bacon appetizers (frozen for Christmas), update gift closet and list, Laundry, ...

Monday
- Yoga exercises - DONE
- More laundry - DONE
- Post here
- Overnight oats for my breakfasts - DONE
- Call mom
Prep gym clothes and lunch for tomorrow  - DONE
Crochet
- look up warranty for a sunbeam heating blanket
- Make veggie soup (freeze a bag of mixed veggies for a crockpot soup later on) - DONE
- Catch up on paint class (missed most of the class last Tuesday as I had a meeting that finished way past lunch time)
- Cut up cantaloup - DONE
- Bake muffins - DONE
and lots more... but will see what really gets done

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a shawl with pockets - ONGOING - got more yarn so I'll pick up the pace
Work on a new pair of knitted socks 
Paint class - candle

Something interesting I watched
Nothing this week, too many nights coming in late because of after-work errands

Looking forward to
Paint class at lunch on Tuesday

A simple pleasure
Scratching items off my to-do list

From the camera
Christmas men shirts at the store

New tree we got for the basement - it is up!


Quote of the week 



9 comments:

  1. (Rebecca starts singing) Snow, snow, snow! It won't be long before we'll all be there with snow! LOL! Now I'm going to have to watch WHITE CHRISTMAS! Thanks, Lucie! LOL! We've got snow, too. Been snowing all day and I'm loving it! Looks like you've got a busy day in the works and your menus look GREAT! Love the tree in the basement! Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are on top of things in regard to Christmas over there! Still trying to figure out the idea of a tarp over the lawn for snow blowing. Does it cover the whole area that would normally be mowed? Clearly, I have no idea. Don't think it's something done in this area. Fun shirt & nice tree. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tarp covers a part of the area that is to be mowed so that it's easier to clean up in the spring (rocks get thrown over the lawn with the snowblower).

      Delete
  3. your tree is up! Are you French yourself or just living in France, or am I totally off the road? (no surprise there) I enjoyed seeing all the "done" next to your to do list!
    LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm French from Quebec Canada.
      I love crossing off things on my to-do lists, means we are advancing.

      Delete
  4. Looks like you got a GREAT start on your To Do list. I'm envious of your snow - it's unusually dry here so far this year. I love the idea of the basement tree. Have a WONDERFUL week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We got snow part of the day today, 5 inches are on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I thought our weather was cold. Brr. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete