Monday 29 October 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-10-29

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

We have been shopping for a bath and a shower this last week, and will continue doing so this week.  
On the work front things are moving along, or rather I will be moving to another desk again this week.  I am adapting to the non-smiling coworkers.
This week we are having an appreciation dinner with my ex-coworkers.  Our lunch will be paid and we each bring in a picture of us as a child and a picture of something we like.  Should be fun.
Both kids had Halloween parties on Saturday.  will post pictures next week as I am forbidden posting pictures of my son (his parties aren't over and he wants to keep his costume a secret).  I will get dressed up for Halloween at work, just because I'm sure no one else will, they are quite stiff (we don't see outside clients so we can do this).
Last year we had 3 parties... none this year.
DD will be coming to spend next weekend and get her snow tires on.  DH put on my son's snow tires last weeknd, just in time too ... saturday we had snow and some freezing rain and LOTS of winds.  still some of the white stuff on the ground this morning.


The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Showers
7°
1°
Tue.
Cloudy
4°
1°
Wed.
Rain
5°
4°
Thu.
Rain
6°
5°
Fri.
Showers
8°
4°
Sat.
Scattered Showers
7°
2°
Sun.
Mostly Sunny



What I am reading
The Visitors by Catherine Burns

On my tv 
'O
OD
Unité 9
Le jeu
Demain des hommes
L'heure bleue
Les Simone
District 31

Menu - planning
Monday - roastbeef with mashed potatoes
Tuesday - ragoût with potatoes
Wednesday - Halloween, so something quick.  Macaroni with meat sauce.
Thursday - out on errands
Friday - smoked meat (something quick, dh has his guitar lessons)

On my to-do list

- Post here
- run some errands at the dollar store and the grocery store
- Call mom
Wrap more stocking stuffers
- Prep gym clothes and lunch for tomorrow - DONE
- Knit
- Work on wood-slice ornaments - DONE (they just need wrapping now)
- Continue gift closet and wrap more stocking stuffers
- Empty iphone of pictures and video
- Laundry


What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - DONE - just need to figure out wrapping.
Start a new pair of knitted socks this week

Something interesting I watched
Nothing this week, too many nights coming in late because of after-work errands

Looking forward to
Halloween!

A simple pleasure
Petting the cat


From the camera

1st snow
                            



Quote of the week 




3 comments:

  1. Your snow is pretty but I'm not quite ready to see that white stuff around here. How fun that you'll dress up for Halloween. My work (preschool) is having a pajama party. I work half the day but it's the portion after the party so I'm debating on whether to wear pajamas or just go stick with my Halloween shirt. Hope you have a great week and of course, a Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! SNOW! Beautiful! If it's going to be cold I'd just as soon have snow as not. :) Sorry your co-workers are so stiff. Perhaps after a while of being around you they will lighten up and be more friendly. Blessings for a great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always love the first day of snow! GREAT picture. Sure wish your co-workers were friendlier! I hope your job worries lessen soon. I hope you're having a GREAT weekend.

    ReplyDelete