Monday 19 February 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-02-19

Another week upon us!  I was sick most of last week with a good head-cold.... hurt from the neck up, headaches, sneezing, eyes crying.  I missed 3 days of work because of this.  Did not want to share my germs and the headaches didn't let up, had to take tylenols every 4 hours.  Did not do much at home as I spent most of my time on the couch :(

Was feeling a wee-bit better by Friday afternoon.  Friday night was game night with my husband, my son and his girlfriend.  We did Valentine's supper at home on Saturday with my son and his girlfriend.  Raclette and then chocolate fondue for dessert.  Watched 2 horror movies afterwards with Valerie.  My son had gone to a friend's house and my husband was puttering around the house.

Got the results from mom's scans - all is ok. :)  they will do another one in 6 months just to see.  Her headaches are less now too.

The weather

Above 0C temps for the week with LOTS of freezing rain in the forecast for Tuesday :(


What I'm reading
Passages - Connie Willis - am finding it a bit long.

On my tv
The Olympics 
La Voix (new edition started last night)
I recorded all season 5 of Walking dead.  Want to view all previous seasons before though.
Viewing my Frasier dvds ... so funny!


Menu - planning
Monday - Meat pie 
Tuesday - Ragoût de boulettes
Wednesday - Homemade pizza
Thursday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Friday-Hamburgers

On my to-do list
Last weekend:
Regular housechores 
Laundry 
Bake muffins, prep a ragoût de boulette for menu this week
Declutter bedside table
Do paperwork
Declutter medication cabinet
Menu-planning

Monday (day off work):
2:00 go to knitting lady so she can show me how to do the heels on wool socks
3:00 appointment for a facial
Stop by bank
If time stop by the dollar store to pick up some things for my son's cat
Prep gym clothes, lunch and work clothes for tomorrow
Stretching exercises
Post here.
Rest of the week will be work, work, work, work.

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
working on socks.  
Finished the cotton yard for crocheted dishcloths.  I now have 11 to be given for Christmas gifts.

Looking forward too
Sunshine!  4C today with sun.  

Simple pleasures
Petting the cat

From the camera


Valentine flowers :)

Quote of the week




5 comments:

  1. Glad to hear your Moms scans were good! I will be praying they continue to be so! Hope you have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you've been under the weather. Hope you're feeling better soon and glad your mom's scans came back with a good report. The flowers are lovely! Have a blessed week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed your quote of the week especially since we've had a dreary day and are in for mostly more of the same all week. Petting a cat is one of the best things, I think. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're feeling better - don't over do and relapse. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sun is shining here in PA today and it IS making my HAPPY! lol

    Have a great week!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete