Monday, 7 September 2026

Happy Homemaker 2026-09-07

Good afternoon,

Got results from bloodwork - all good.  However gut has some inflammation (as always) so doc sent results to gastro who SHOULD call back (then never did call back in February, not holding my breath).  She says probably a immuno-inflammation episode and to go back if it happens again.  feeling ok except feet but then what else is new?

DH picked up grandkids (dd's stepchildren) Friday afternoon in town and they spent the weekend here.  DD and boyfriend  went to a music festival and stayed at a hotel, took the time to do some shopping and went to a few good restaurants.  Kids ate well, did not have trouble putting them to bed, all went well but we are less used to each other than with ds' children (they live near).  Since DS and grandkids were away camping for the weekend we had to take the dog out - Ely and Alysanne were happy to do that.  They don't have animals and said that Xavier and Anne-E were REALLY lucky ;)  I think it was the highlight of their weekend.  Met dd with grandkids in the afternoon.  Gave her 2 jars of pickled beets, some tomatoes (neighbor's garden), a big jar of chili and some frozen mini-meatpies dh had made (grandkids love these).

Last night went with sil and bil to eat some pizza for supper.

Labor day here in Canada.  Very nice out 22C with sun.  Today is picking up and getting ready for in-town work tomorrow.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom 





Weather this week


Mon
Sunny
26°
11°
Tue
Sunny
20°
10°
Wed
Rain
19°
11°
Thu
Partly sunny
22°
12°
Fri
Partly sunny
18°
7°
Sat
Partly sunny
20°
7°

Looks like a great week

Looking around the house

By the time I'm posting this I have done alot just need to get chairs and couches back to their rightful place.
Still need to decorate for Fall but wanted to pick up first.

Thinking and pondering
Need to work on my procrastination list, starting with retirement date and meeting financial cousellor - still to do ;) still procrastinating

TV this week
  • Big brother
  • Rewatching the old Dexter series
  • New programs are starting will be busy evenings!
  • MasterChef saison 4


Interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing

On my reading pile

The seven sisters book 8 - Lucinda Riley


On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Laundry
  • Washed my bedding and remade bed

Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Laundry
  • Vac main floor - DONE
  • Swiffer mop high traffic areas - DONE
  • Wash main bathroom - DONE
  • Dust all main floor
  • Bissel-clean on couches and kitchen chairs (dh did this) - DONE
  • Air out cushions - DONE
  • Prep for in-town work tomorrow - DONE
Decluttering
  • 2 facecloths
  • 1 pen
  • 1 children's helicopter (broke this weekend)
  • 1 children's magnifying glass for bugs (broke)
Simple pleasure
Smell of freshly washed couch and aired out cushions.  

Upcoming this week

Tuesday - in-town work
Wednesday - hair-cut

Grandchildren funny's
All grandchildren have started school.
Alysanne has some English in 1st grade... 1st day she comes back and says she learned the word 'butterfly'... and she says it means a water bottle! haha
Anne-E says in kindergarten she is 'learning' to play with her friends and teacher :)
Ely just says all is ok, but he gets tired fast and when dd put him to bed one evening he said 'Finally! my bed'
Xavier cried a little first 2 days but he told his dad he won't feel 'obligated' to cry on the 3rd day :)

From the camera
1 front tooth fell finally other one was growing over it.

Grandpa, Ely and Alysanne and Zac the dog






Funny quote of the week





4 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling okay, hope you get a call back this time. Love your funny for the week, so relatable. Good to hear all your grandkids are doing well. I started watching Dexter a while back but stopped (much to oldest son's dismay) around season 4, too scary, might need to get back to it. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad blood work came back okay - take care of yourself with an antiinflammatory diet? I hope the gastro calls back quickly! I absolutely LOVE your funny! Have a great week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so nice to hear you're doing well.

    I enjoyed the children's reactions to going to school...

    Especially Ely and Xavier. (although with Ely I did think "oops").
    Warm regards

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello dear Lucie! I'm so happy to hear you're finally getting some answers about your health. I hope that inflammation stuff behaves now!! I'm glad you had a lovely Labor Day weekend too. It's always so fun to get peeks into your world and your cute grandkids. They are growing up so fast! Your funny was so good this week. I kind of relate too well. Lol 😂

    ReplyDelete