Monday 3 July 2023

Happy Homemaker 2023-07-02

  Good morning

I was on vacation all last week and rained most of the week and the one day it didn't was 30C hot and humid.

Went to town on one day for errands and some shopping.  The other days I got to rest, start the Christmas ornament for friends, and do some housechores I had on my to-do list.  Stomach did not cooperate this week as I had aches most every day.

Had grandchildren one night for supper and sleepover.

I am posting everyday until July 25th for Christmas in July.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather

Mon

26°
17°
Tue

26°
18°
Wed

29°
18°
Thu

31°
20°
Fri

28°
18°
Yuck another week of hot temperatures and rain.  Forest fires here in Quebec are getting better though.

Looking around the house
I need to buy some blackout curtain for the front door, way too much sun coming in from there.

Thinking and pondering
I'll need a trip to town soon to get some jeans, shorts, a jean jacket... I've started to use 'notes' on my iphone to list things of items that need to be bought.

Tv this week
Not much

Listening to or interesting blog I saw this week
Nothing


Things on the menu this week
From the freezer have to tell dh he needs to eat from there instead of buying new things everyday.

On my reading pile
The clan of the cave bear by Jean Auel.  My summer read! will reread the series once again.


On my to-do list

Last week
  • Went through my to-do list:  wash oven, wash couches and mattress, change bedding, weed front and back of the house, wash both bathrooms, wash big shower, mop floors, vac main floor, a bit of decluttering


Decluttering
  • Glue gun & sticks (given to ds)
  • Kway (raincoat) I had since I was 16, but I bought a new one
  • 2022 monthly statements & receipts of Costco's
  • 1 plastic truck with wagon that dh had when he was young, was falling to pieces
  • 8 highlighters (not working)
  • 3 pens (not working)
  • 1 small hand radio (not working)
  • 1 walkman (not working)
  • 10 music cassettes + 5 empty boxes to recycling
  • 2 inches of paper form our trip to disney in 2004
  • 24 music cassettes to donate
Upcoming this week
Back to work (I did do 1/2 hour last Thursday so I wouldn't be swamped on Tuesday)

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 

Cristmas ornament... I've got 32 on the way (wanted to do 40 but did not find enough gingerbread colored felt)


My simple pleasure

Getting things out of the house


From the camera:
Picture of the afternoon trip we took the one day it didn't rain... 15 min. ferry + going around a small island with supper on the way back home.




Fun for the week:  More CIJ fun














5 comments:

  1. Your afternoon trip sounds fun, great picture! What is that card of CIJ from? That looks like so much fun. I have all those movies, some of my favorites :) Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I don't remember where I got it from... must be searching dinner and a christmas movie or something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My menu is a bit the same every week, because I also "eat" from my freezer,
    And what a nice picture of your trip, when I go on vacation somewhere I always try to do a boat trip.
    i love that

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello lovely Lucie! I'm playing catch up as we had our July 4th festivities here in the states and lots going on past few days. Sorry to hear you're still having belly stuff -ugh! Prayers you feel better fully soon. Love seeing all of your CIJ stuff. ;) I used to do up July 25th big when my kiddos were little. Maybe I need to try to do something fun at least on that day. I use notes in my phone for the store and reminders all the time. Lol
    You guys are such cuties! Love the pic. Blessings. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad someone else is getting into the Christmas spirit! You always get so much done! Hope you get to feeling better soon! Have a GREAT rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete