Monday 8 August 2022

Happy Homemaker 2022-08-08

Good morning!

We saw lots of family during our vacations... but not so much our grandchildren... However, we will have them all week as daycare is closed for vacation.

1st week: Got our 2nd booster dose. we had my cousin and her dh for 3 nights and they wanted to visit Old-Quebec, Iles-d'Orleans and we Tried to see the pope (he did not come out in front of the Basilica where we were standing and we weren't there at his arrival).  We also went one night to the music festival and supper with our neighbors in Baie St-Paul. 

2nd week - 4 days / 3 nights in a camp with sis, bil, parents and my daughter came too.  Visited some, did Zipline, had chocolate dipped ice-cream, and a nice supper at a micro-brewery.  One of my cousins with his wife, son and girlfriend, stopped by our house for an afternoon (they live 3 hours away but were on vacation).  We went to another music show in the park too.

This past weekend was waaaay too hot (in fact I found it too hot during our whole vacation), so I did 2 mornings in the house.. regular housechores and deep-cleaning of the 2 basement bedrooms (I deep clean main floor in spring and basement in the Fall).

I still cough a little from my sinusitis but much better.  Anne-E has an earache and Xavier has a virus that should run it's course - he is coughing alot but doc didn't give antibiotics.

I start work on Wednesday.

DH has an ear appointment this afternoon so I'll be alone with the grandkids.  On Thursday I work in town and he will be alone with the two. 

Will post a few pictures of vacations.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .  



The weather (in celsius)
Mon
Rain
17°
14°
Tue
Scattered showers
19°
16°
Wed
Cloudy
22°
17°
Thu
Scattered thunderstorms
24°
14°
Fri
Partly cloudy
22°
13°

 well we can get dressed again as temperatures will be much less hot and humid!

On my mind 
Grandkids all week and both are sick - hoping I don't catch anything else!
Back to work

Upcoming this week
Back to work

On the breakfast plate
Toasts  and oat milk

On my reading pile

Les Bridgerton - intégrale by Julia Queen - just finished it this morning in my bath - will have to chose another one to start.


On my tv
Movies from Lifetime channel
Christmas movies 
Big Brother
Started squid games with ds and ddil this weekend.

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week

None and no tv either

On the menu this week

Have not figure it out yet but will have to cook for the grandchildren

From the camera:













Looking around the house
For now it is still ok... but by the end of the week.. with the tornado of grandkids it will need a good cleaning

On my to-do list

Over the weekend
  • Laundry
  • Cleaned main bathroom
  • Deep-cleaned both basement bedrooms (ceileings, walls, light fixtures, floors, furniture, woodwork)
  • Vac'd main floor
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • take care of grandkids

Decluttering
  • 1 set of maracas
  • 1 pool air mattress (was leaking)
  • 1 plastic cover for outside swing table (was all cracked)

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read 
Have started Christmas ornaments for friends yesterday


Funny of the week


6 comments:

  1. First off LOVE your funny! Sounds like you had a good vacation. I hope you don't catch anything from the grand kids this week - at those ages they sure can be little germ factories :D Try not to work too hard and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my dreams, I don't work. Ha! I love that. Sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Hope you have a great week getting back into the routine of things and don't catch any illnesses from your grandkids!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great vacation. Glad to hear you're feeling better. Enjoy your week with the Grands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great vacation, glad you enjoyed it, and loved all the pictures you shared. Sure praying you don't catch any sickness at all, you've had your fair share already.

    Have a wonderful week,
    Sandra
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great vacation was had! Love all the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you had a nice vacation! Prayers you stay good and healthy. Sorry back to work came back too quickly. Love your funny and hope that for you one day soon! Lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete