Monday 30 August 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-08-30

Good morning!

Friday night we went to a local country music show.  Saturday went to neighbor's to eat dessert at their granddaughter's 1st bday.  DH's cousin and wife stoppef to chat for an hour Sunday morning.

Busy, busy busy... housework, telework, grandchildrun... sums up last week and weekend!

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Scattered thunderstorms
28°
16°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
24°
13°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
22°
11°
Thu.
Scattered showers
21°
13°
Fri.
Scattered showers
21°
12°



Hot and humid here today.  Can hear the thunder outside this morning.

On my mind
So much to do!!  I do the deep-cleaning on the main floor in Spring and the basement in Autumn...so guess it's time to buckle up!
Usually I have started Christmas gifts but this year.... so behind on it all!

On the breakfast plate
Will be waffles with butter and molasses and oat milk


On my reading pile
Reckless by Syndey Sheldon (3rd in the Whitney Tracy series)

On my tv
La belle vie avec Go-Van
Expat
Big Brother
Good witch
The Walking dead (season 8)
Christmas movies

Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week






On the menu this week
Monday - Bell pepper casserole
Tuesday - pork tenderloin and potatoes
Wednesday - TBD
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - TBD


From the camera:
Xavier and dessert!

Socks I finished last week

Looking around the house
I have alot of deeper cleaning to do but the 'regular' is looking ok
Can't wait to have the Fall decor up

On my to-do list

During the weekend
  • Laundry
  • Washed main bathroom
  • DH picked up groceries, baked muffins and worked at ds's house
  • Deep-cleaned (walls, ceilings, woodwork, furniture, floor, window, curtains, light fixture) my daughter's old room
  • Deep-cleaned my son's old room
  • Finished knit socks
Monday
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Pay bills
  • Prep a Bell Pepper casserole
  • Prep Meaballs
  • Prep some dump soups for the freezer
  • 1 load of laundry
  • I'd like to do a painting by Jesse Robertson - free tutorial 
  • Vac basement

This week (extras before or after telework days)
  • Wash Jennair
  • Try to wash my daughter's computer chair
  • Wash the linen closet and declutter at same time
Extra things to accomplish if I have the time (otherwise will be done at a later date)
  • Cut out felt ornies - I think I have finally decided what I'll do
  • Online order at Michaels
  • Fall decor
  • Finish crochet scarf


Decluttering
  • 1 stroboscope

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read, craft - paint, knit, crochet

Funny of the week 















6 comments:

  1. Good morning, oh, your temps look great to me... But I must admit those winter temps are bit harsh for here.. I love those Christmas movies too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, I LOVE THOSE CHRISTMAS MOVIES, TOO!! GOD BLESS YOU!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A bell pepper casserole sounds intriguing! I was just thinking how I sort of lost track with my Rudolph Day this month, not sure what to call it but perhaps I'll celebrate a New Year's Eve type Rudolph day tomorrow. Can't believe it's already almost fall/Christmastime. Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my that Minion quote is perfect! Not only for "that", but also for life in general the past 18 months!!!!! Personally I am sooooooo ready for fall and even winter! I have started to pick up a few Christmas things, but need to buckle down on the items I'm making! Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello dear Lucy! Sorry I'm so late this week. I love seeing the videos of the grands. Xavier is SO cute! And I love listening to you speak French 😊 Love your Minion - too perfect for my life I swear! Lol Blessings. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Christmas movies, actually starting to get excited for Fall and Winter.

    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete