Monday 28 June 2021

Happy Homemaker 2021-06-28

 Hello friends!

Last weekend we helped my daughter move to another appartment, oh boy... told her it was the last time, we are getting to old for this.  Luckily my sister and brother in law came to help us, otherwise I think we would still be there!

So my birthday was spent moving all day (in the rain!).  we only stopped for lunch and had supper at 8:00 pm after a hot shower.  We stayed in a hotel with my sister on Saturday night so we could finish Sunday morning.

I have the upcoming week of vacation (well I might telework Friday morning as some things have to be finished).


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .




The weather (in celsius)

Mon.
Rain
26°
19°
Tue.
Isolated thunderstorms
28°
20°
Wed.
Scattered thunderstorms
23°
16°
Thu.
Showers
21°
13°
Fri.
Showers
18°
13°


Don't mind the rain - I have lots to do inside and if it's too nice out I won't do what I had planned - I'll feel obliged to go outside ;)

On my mind
Nothing - too tired to think

On the breakfast plate
Have not eaten yet...

On my reading pile
The Plains of passage de Jean M. Auel.  The fourth in the Earth's children series.  

On my tv

La belle vie avec Go-Van
Lincoln (à la poursuite du Bone collector)
New Amsterdam
Absentia
Clash
Mr. Mercedes (season 2)
The Walking dead (season 8)


Interesting youtube vlog I saw this week
None this week - the time I had was spent reading.


On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -   Grilled cheese
Friday - 
Absolutely no idea, have not had time to think of this.


From the camera:
With my sister and brother in law after a full day of moving my daughter. We rented a hotel room for the 4 of us (our 1st since pandemia). It was our wedding anniversaries (mine the 23rd and sis the 29th) + my birthday the 26th.  We had all taken our showers and it was 8:00 at night, we were too tired to go to a restaurant so we ordered pizza!


Looking around the house
sooo much to do.  We brought back the washer / dryer and a couch from dd's.  will try to sell them.

On my to-do list

Monday or during the week
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu-plan - 
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • 10:30 massage appointment Monday
  • Send papers to insurance
  • Continue with the decluttering and try to organize basement with all that is there now
  • Laundry
  • Grocery shopping
  • Wash oven (if it's not too hot!)
  • Wash fridge freezer
  • Tuesday am - babysit the grandkids as ddil has a work interview
  • Thursday is Canada day so grandkids might be here
  • Friday was to be off but will probably work half a day
  • Drop off at the thrift store
  • I want some ME time to paint, read and watch programs (perfect for a rainy week)
  • Put some more stuff for sale on Marketplace.. I do wish some of it would sell quickly
Last week's decluttering (that actually got taken out of the house)

  • 1 world globe, 2 games (to my nephew)
  • 1 cheese plate + some magazines (to my niece)
  • 3 books to my cousin
  • Empty boxes to recycling

To relax this week or In my crafting basket 
Read, paint, watch tv, nap

Quote of the week 











3 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday and anniversary! So sorry you spent it do manual labor in the rain! Have a good week off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I love that quote for the week. Happy Belated Birthday and Anniversary. So sorry you had to spend it moving, think you deserve another celebration for those things. Hope you are enjoying your rainy week off (I took this week off as well, trying my best not to be too grumpy about the rain here).

    ReplyDelete
  3. God bless all that work you did for your girlie! And happiest of belated birthdays dear Friend! I hope you have another very blessed year around the sun ahead. ;) I love your "funnies" so much - they are always perfection! Lol And thank you so much for your kind words of support and encouragement. I appreciate it so very much. xoxo

    ReplyDelete