Monday 20 July 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-07-20

Good morning,

Vacations!  I am officially on vacation since last Friday.  I did not work on Friday because I was using up a sick day.  Was to be my throat biopsy and echography.  They did echography but the doc did not do biopsy as things are finally looking better.  will have follow-up with endocrinologist when she gets back from her vacation.

It's been hot and humid since last Friday, yuck!
Saturday we picked up around the house and we had supper at my husband's cousin's house (outside), 3 couples.  
Since we won't be going far (because of covid-19) decided that I'll do whatever chores I have in the mornings and afternoons will be off.  I'm hoping I can take naps (I never sleep during the day) to help recover more quickly, I am feeling quite exhausted from the last few months.  Reading, crafting, that will be my afternoons.
I have started walking every morning (not very far), hoping I'll continue during my vacation (I get up later and sometimes it's allready too hot).
The a/c did have a problem... dh cleaned out the filters and now it's working fine.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly cloudy
28°
16°
Tue.
Mostly sunny
25°
14°
Wed.
Mostly cloudy
26°
17°
Thu.
Scattered showers
24°
16°
Fri.
Mostly sunny
27°
16°
Sat.
Partly cloudy
27°
18°
Sun.
Scattered thunderstorms
24°
19°





How I am feeling this morning
A bit sleepy... don't know why... you get up later and you feel less refreshed than getting up early.  Did my walk, had breakfast outside (my husband made pancakes on a heating plate in the gazebo) and had a shower.  Ready to get on with my day

On my mind
Deciding if we are going to see my parents this week.  Kids want to come, problem is the dog.  

On the breakfast plate
2 pancakes with maple syrup and almond milk 

On my reading pile
The silent widow de Sidney Sheldon

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 3)

On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -  
Friday - 
We will deal with it as we go as we are on vacation

From the camera




Looking around the house
Not too bad but with being in the house all the time more things are left everywhere.

On my to-do list  (have made a long to-do for vacations and after vacations, so picking from that list daily)

During the weekend
  • Vaccum basement
  • Wash basement bathroom
  • Get the cat litter box and litter on Marketplace to sell (my son's cat never came back)
  • Tie up the cables behind the table in my son's old room
  • Declutter a bit in basement
  • Wash fridge
Today
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Take at least one walk - DONE
  • Reorganize my clothes armoire (and get a few things in the donation bag)
  • File paperwork in my night stand

To relax this week, I will  
Nap, crochet, knit and read


Quote of the week 



8 comments:

  1. Hooray for vacation! Enjoy and relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your vacation is planned. Hope it goes as you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY Vacation Mode activated! ENJOY - especially since you're feeling better. I'm glad the doctor is skipping the biopsy too - good news! Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vacation mode - enjoy! I love the idea of getting everything done in the morning and having the afternoons for crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you vacation is a good one!! Look at that sweet babe! Have a great vacation week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for vacation mode! Lol Love your grandson's pic. So adorable! Have a great week ahead. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope you enjoy your vacation! And yes, take those daytime naps. As I sometimes tell the occasional preschool kid complaining of minor pains (usual from a scrape on the knee prior to lunch or something) "rest helps our bodies heal" Rest up and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete