Monday 13 July 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-07-13

Good morning,

Last week:
- Friday  - son, daughter-in-law and grandson (and the dog) arrived for supper on Friday and left Sunday after supper.  My daughter came in Friday after supper.  At 7:00 was visit at funeral parlor to see mother-in-law (just family) one last time before closing the casket.
- Saturday:  I babysat grandson in the am while daughter went to the gym in town, daughter-in-law went back to her house to do some cleaning and the guys took care of my sons entryway (they had a tractor come in and dig up the draining pipe (?) and put more gravel.  some earth was put in the back of the house to make it more even.  They all came back for lunch.  My brother arrived for lunch too (he was alone as sister-in-law was working at the hospital for the weekend).  Then my parents, sis and brother-in-law arrived in the afternoon too.  For supper made 2 kinds of pasta with 2 kinds of sauces (spaghetti and lemon) with trimmings (sausages, shrimps... ).  It rained most of the day.  Everyone slept over.  It was also my mom's 74th bday
- Sunday: Breakfast for all.  My brother left before lunch.  VERY HOT ALL WEEKEND - it rained all morning but sunny afterwards ... I took 4 showers on Sunday!  3:00 was funeral mass for mother-in-law followed by cemetary.  My parents came (limited to 50 guests because of covid) but sis and bil stayed here and babysat my grandson.  They left around 4:30 as well as my daughter.  we went to sister-in-law's for supper (ordered lunch for everyone) and ate on the patio with the sisters-in-law.

Today, Monday, my husband took a day off work to just relax.  


Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Scattered thunderstorms
26°
16°
Tue.
Partly cloudy
21°
14°
Wed.
Mostly sunny
24°
15°
Thu.
Scattered showers
23°
18°
Fri.
Scattered thunderstorms
26°
18°





Glad this week will be not as hot as the last one.... with everyone in the house over the weekend we lost control of the a/c.

How I am feeling this morning
Better. Was awake by 5:00, got up at 5:30 - put in a load of laundry then went for a 20 minute rapid walk while it's cool outside.  Had breakfast and took a shower.
I went to osteopath on Friday and she worked on my throat and ear ... they are aching less now so that's a good thing, she gave me 1 posture exercise to stretch my neck and one exercise to drain my ears.

On my mind
Hospital called last Friday, my 2nd throat biopsy and echography will be this friday (17th).  yuck!
Vacations start on Thursday night instead of Friday for me.

On the breakfast plate
2 toasts with cheese on one and marmelade on the other with almond milk 

On my reading pile
The wife between us de Greer Hendricks

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal (season 2)

On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi-  
Mercredi - 
Jeudi -  
Friday - 
Have yet to figure it out.

From the camera
7 months old


Mom's 74th bday




Looking around the house
oh boy! LOTS to do with the house full all weekend.  I don't think there's one place that doesn't need tidying up or cleaning.  

On my to-do list  
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Mop floors
  • Dust all main floor
  • Muffins for the week
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu plan
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • Take at least one walk - DONE
  • My to-do list is much longer than that... but we'll see whatever gets done
  • 12:30 dentist appointment (one that did not happen in March because of covid-19)
To relax this week, I will  
Craft - Finished 1 blue/white scarf (tunisian crochet), finish another scarf (crochet)
Start compiling some of the answers I got during the weekend for the grandparent journaling.

Quote of the week 



4 comments:

  1. That is the cutest baby!
    I'm so glad you got to see family, even though a funeral is such a sad occasion. Have a beautiful week, my friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a nice weekend surrounded by family despite some being due to a sad reason. Glad your throat is feeling better, hope it continues to heal. Funny picture. Hope you stay cool and have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, love the quote of the week! I'm glad you had so much family time together even though it was for a sad reason. Your grandson is such a cutie! They grow up so fast, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry for your loss dear Gal - but family is the biggest blessing...especially during such difficult times. 💜 I hope your throat keeps getting better and better. Wishing you blessings over the rest of your week 🙏

    ReplyDelete