Monday 29 June 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-06-29

Good morning

Last week was not a good one:
- MIL went back to hospital with stomach ache... they said intestine occlusion and they had to operate immediately... she refused so she is now in palliative care.  At 1st they said a few days since she can't eat but now they are saying maybe 1 month.  I went to see her with the kids on Friday to say our last goodbyes... but now it seems we will have time to go back.  I went back with dh Sunday afternoon.
- Truck wouldn't start, had to send it to garage to check it out and change battery
- Water tank leaked on Thursday and had to be changed on Friday
- Still have bump in my throat that is hurting with earache
- Had to dress 'normally' to go to hospital... pffff... my pants don't fit anymore (of course with all that being sick since february and confinement have not exercised - used to go to the gym 3 times a week + some days at home).

*Edited to add:  my visa card was frauded this morning!!

Wednesday was our provincial holiday (St-Jean-Baptiste) and our 30th wedding anniversary... .that went down the drain fast when we heard mother in law was going fast.
Friday was my birthday... spent the morning at hospital.  My son, ddil and Xavier did come for supper and stayed the night.

Wednesday this week is Canada day, so no work for me but my husband's job is Friday... so we are not getting the same day off.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Scattered showers
21°
15°
Tue.
Mostly cloudy
23°
16°
Wed.
Partly cloudy
27°
17°
Thu.
Mostly sunny
31°
15°
Fri.
Mostly sunny
24°
13°


How I am feeling this morning
A bit tired, have a few things that need to be done this week - no procrastination!


On my mind
Lots going on with mother-in-law.  
2 Appointments this week in town.

On the breakfast plate
2 toasts (bought a raisin, sourdough, honey, nuts bread) with butter and some almond milk.

On my reading pile
The Year of living Danishly de Helen Russell

On my tv
Good witch (season 6)
Le résident (season 1)
Mme Lebrun
Non-coupable (season 1)
Boston Legal - time to watch the whole thing... had gotten the dvds last Christmas

On the menu this week
Lundi - 
Mardi- 
Mercredi - Canada day, so day off for me
Jeudi - 
Friday - DH's Canada day, so day off for him
Haven't quite figure it all out yet but I have pork tenderloin, chicken kebabs, chicken breasts and meatballs in the freezer.

From the camera

My daughter and I with mother-in-law

 Looking around the house
My son's desk sold this week, so that's out and reorganized a little where it was.  Need to declutter the armoire I put in his bedroom and rearrange where the armoire used to be.


On my to-do list  

Over last weekend
  • Wash outside sink window
  • Weed front and side flower bed
  • Vaccum basement
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Dust kitchenette
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Some laundry
  • Groceries
Monday
  • Prep supper
  • Post here - DONE
  • Menu plan
  • Make bed, take shower, breakfast, brush teeth - DONE
  • 2:00 bloodwork appointment in town
  • A few errands (maybe if I feel like it)
  • Order a fan on Costco
  • Ironing
  • Schedule more bloodwork for August
  • Call insurance company
  • ... whatever else I have time to do
To relax this week, I will  
Craft
Start getting questions ready for a grandparent journal... mom is slowly forgetting things so it might be time to jot some things down. - not done yt

Quote of the week 






8 comments:

  1. PERFECT quote for your inspirational. SO sorry your stress is so high with all that is going on. Take care of yourself as you navigate through the week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keeping your mother inlaw and family in my prayers!! Love the inspirational quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry your week is so stressful. This too shall pass, dear one. Try and have a restful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this week is better for you than the last and I'm so, so sorry to hear about your mother-in-law.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry you had such a rough week. You definitely should get a do-over for your anniversary and birthday. Hope this week is a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are getting clobbered with sadness. I am so sorry about all you are enduring... Prayers for you and your family as you travel this road.. Been there and I know the strain! Hope you can find som peace and quiet time for yourself and just to process everything. God bless you and your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I hope things turn around for you this week! You have so much on your plate. I hope you can take a few moments for yourself to recharge. Wishing the best for your MIL.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote of the week. So true. You have had quite the year. I'm so sorry to hear of your MIL's condition. I'm praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete