Monday 10 February 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-02-10

Another short work week as I took Friday off - this time it was a snowstorm.  My husband did go in to work but he was working late so I would've had to take the bus home and did not feel like doing 2 hours in the snowstorm. It was really yucky outside with the snow and wind.  But when you're inside looking out and don't have to go out in it, it's not so bad :)

We babysat our grandchild (and the dog) Saturday afternoon and he slept over.  He had a good night from 9:30 to 4:30, then a little milk and back to sleep until 7:30.  My son and daughter-in-law came over for lunch on Sunday and they all left after supper.

Sunday night we joined 2 of my sisters-in-law for supper at the local pizza joint.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
lun.
Averses de neige
-1 °
-9 °
mar.
Nuageux
0 °
-7 °
mer.
Partiellement couvert
-1 °
-3 °
jeu.
Averses de neige
-2 °
-17 °
ven.
Partiellement couvert
-14 °
-23 °





We had alot of snow Thursday and mostly on Friday with lots of wind, a real snowstorm!  I think they said around 40cm.
This morning is nice and balmy.

How I am feeling this morning
Feeling fine - had a good night's sleep (with hot flashes).  Did some exercises this morning so not as crick-cracking :)

On my mind
Do I continue with deep cleaning or take a day's rest? humm....

On the breakfast plate
2 Eggo waffles with butter and maple syrup.  Half a glass of Kombucha and a cup of green tea.
 
On my reading pile

La Santé repensée de Dr. Gaétan Brouillard
The testaments by Margaret Atwood

On my tv

Les Américains (Season 6)
Cerebrum (Saison 1)
Bull (Saison 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Échappée
La fugeuse (Saison 2)
L'heure Bleue (Saison 4)
Épidémie (Saison 1)
Léo (Saison 1)
Le Bon Docteur (Saison 2)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Les Pays d'en haut (saison 5)
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)
Gypse Rose Blanchard

On the menu this week
Monday - stuffed bell peppers
Tuesday - sloppy joes
Wednesday - pizza on english muffins
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

From the camera

Sleeping at Grandma's 




Men are sleeping while Grandma is cooking


Looking around the house
Mostly ok but I do need to find more stuff to declutter.  Have been doing alot of decluttering last few years and not as easy to do now.  


On my to-do list (chores) 
Friday I did some exercises, scheduled a hospital appointment for next wednesday afternoon (minor thing but been waiting since August for them to call me), called mom, washed all remaining ceilings on main floor (with a mop - no more doing it by hand), washed all my bedroom walls, floor and woodwork.  did laundry, made some pickled beets.

Vaccumed main floor, Menu planned,  Deep-cleaned Bathroom armoire, Bathroom drawers, Bathroom closet, baked muffins (my husband took care of these), payed bills, empied shredder, washed shower, decluttered 2 paper files, washed main bathroom, made sloppy joes, made some stuffed bell peppers.

    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Laundry - Ongoing
    • Prep gym clothes for tomorrow  - DONE
    • Prep work clothes - DONE
    • Exercise - DONE
    • Vaccum basement - DONE
    • Go to knitting lady if she is available
    • Knit
    To relax this week, I will
    Knit, watch series and drink tea
    Starting a new noon paint class at work on Tuesday (4 Tuesdays)

    Sending positive vibes to
    All in need

    Quote of the week 






    6 comments:

    1. Your grandson is precious! The photo of "the men sleeping" is cute. Enjoy your week and stay warm.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Awww I love the photo of the men sleeping, how sweet.

      Hope you have a wonderful week, stay warm!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I really like your winter quote even if I am ready for spring ;) Love that first picture of your grandson. Hope you have a wonderful week!

      ReplyDelete
    4. I love pizza on English muffins! I have pizza on my menu for next week, but maybe I'll bake some English muffins now. Yum. Have a fantastic week.

      ReplyDelete
    5. That grandbaby of yours is such a little dreamboat! ❤️ Love how the men sleep and the women work...typical. Lol
      Love your inspiration. Blessings on your week! xo

      ReplyDelete
    6. I gasped at your temperatures until I saw the Celsius! LOL I'm interested to hear how the Margaret Atwood book is! Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete