Monday 27 January 2020

Happy Homemaker 2020-01-27

Happy Monday!

Was a quiet weeknd (tummy problems on Friday and Saturday).  Picking up here and there and ordinary household chores.  Sunday night was supper at ds's house.  Monday I will babysit most of the day as my daughter-in-law has some things she wants to do at the house - I was happy to offer :)  I'll make it my Rudolph day too... so me and baby will be watching some Christmas movies.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom .






The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Cloudy
1°
-7°
Tue.
Partly Cloudy
-4°
-17°
Wed.
Sunny
-7°
-20°
Thu.
Sunny
-8°
-17°
Fri.
Mostly Sunny
-6°
-16°



Woke up to at least 6 inches of fresh snow - beautiful!

How I am feeling this morning
A bit tired - will be a good day for relaxing

On my mind
Missing out on Monday meeting at work - big reorganisation announcement.. wondering how it'll affect our team.

On the breakfast plate
Green tea with 2 peanut-butter toasts (oat bread)
 
On my reading pile

La Santé repensée de Dr. Gaétan Brouillard
The handsmaid tale by Margaret Atwood

On my tv

Les Américains (Season 6)
Cerebrum (Saison 1)
Bull (Saison 1)
Walking Dead (Season 7)
L'Échappée
La fugeuse (Saison 2)
L'heure Bleue (Saison 4)
Épidémie (Saison 1)
Léo (Saison 1)
Le Bon Docteur (Saison 2)
District 31
Lacher Prise (Saison 4)
Une autre histoire
Les Pays d'en haut (saison 5)
Toute la vie (saison 2)
5e rang (saison 2)
L'Amour est dans le pré (saison 8)

On the menu this week
Monday - Beef bourguignon with mashed potatoes
Tuesday - pork tenderloin (did not do it last week)
Wednesday - Tourtière
Thursday - grilled cheese sandwich and soup in the crockpot
Friday - ?

From the camera



3-tired valentine tray ..1st time trying to decorate it.. missing a few plants

New snow this morning




Looking around the house

Everything has been picked up over the weekend.  Have decorated my 3-tier tray for Valentine, so it's cute.  I'd like to make a Valentine gnome to add to it.

On my to-do list (chores) 


Saturday was laundry, vaccumed basement and main floor.  On Sunday I washed main bathroom, baked muffins, cut a pineapple, made beef bourguignon and menu-planned. I also finally did my blogposts about Halloween and Christmas 2019.  
    Monday  
    • Post here - DONE
    • Laundry - ongoing
    • Prep gym clothes for tomorrow - DONE
    • Prep work clothes - DONE
    • Yoga
    • Craft
    • Rudy day - watch Christmas movies
    • Babysit grandson 
    To relax this week, I will
    Craft and watch Christmas movies.  Not sure about this category...  my ways of relaxing are mostly always the same

    Sending positive vibes to
    All in need

    Quote of the week 
    This quote goes with my word for the year - BE NICE



    9 comments:

    1. Beautiful Valentine stand! And that first snow picture, gorgeous! Hope you enjoy your day with your grandson and have a fantastic week.

      ReplyDelete
    2. New snow is absolutely breathtaking! I hope you're back to feeling 100% this week, my friend!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love the Snoopy picture! Our winter has been pretty sparse on snow this year. We got it early, and then I think one other time, but now it's more rain for Michigan!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Beautiful snow photos! We havent had but one very short skiff of snow this season!

      ReplyDelete
    5. The snow is so pretty. We havent had any yet this year. Thank you for posting the pretty white snow.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Ohmygoodness, Lucy! Your snow pictures are beautiful! I like the Valentine stand, too! Blessings for a great week! <3

      ReplyDelete
    7. I hope your belly is feeling better this week. Love the valentines stand idea. ❤️ Love how you still love Christmas! Lol And your pics are so pretty ❄️ Have a great rest of your week! xo

      ReplyDelete
    8. Brrrr you have a cold week! I love your tiered tray!! Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I am so sorry to be so late the past few weeks! I know it's been cold, but your snow pictures are so pretty. Hope you're feeling better. I started collecting gnomes (other than Christmas) recently too. They are just so happy! See you tomorrow.

      ReplyDelete