Sunday 3 November 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-11-04

Well, it's been a busy week!

Halloween - we had almost 300 trick or treaters even though it was raining alot.  I will post some pics.  I got dressed for work too (Indiana Jones).
Then Friday was an Autumn storm with high winds - below are pics of the building where my daughter lives and what was left of her car.  Some people are without electricity since Friday. 

I've been having pain in my hips again so Monday at 9:00 have a massage therapist appointment.

Had a busy weekend of housechores so hopefully Monday I can finally do my Rudy day as I planned ;)

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom







The weather (in celsius)
Sun.
Showers
6°
-1°
Mon.
Mostly Cloudy
5°
2°
Tue.
Showers
7°
-1°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
2°
-2°
Thu.
Snow Showers
1°
-9°
Fri.
Mostly Cloudy
-4°
-9°

Had our first snowflakes (short episode) on Sunday morning - it was cold!

What I am reading
Les plains pouvoirs by David Baldacci 

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - season 6
L'échappée
District 31
Un zoo pas comme les autres
Discussion avec mes parents
Toute la vie
Une autre histoire
Ruptures
Alerte Amber
L'heure bleu
5e rang
Les invisibles
Le bon docteur
New Amsterdam
Mr. Mercedes
Prodigal son
Killling Eve
Channel "W" (which is a Hallmark channel) has started christmas movies so I've been recording those.

Menu - planning
Monday: Sausages and mashed potatoes 
Tuesday: Cabbage rolls
Wednesday: Spaghetti
Thursday: grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday ?

On my to-do list 

Done during the weekend
  • Vaccumed main floor
  • Vaccumed basement
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Washed basement bathroom
  • Laundry
  • Cabbage rolls (1 big and 1 small casserole for freezing and 1 small for this week)
  • Bell pepper casserole (1 small for freezing)
  • 1 crockpot of spaghetti sauce (some for freezing and some for this week)
  • Bake muffins (my husband made them this week)
  • Menu plan
  • Pay bills
  • Put away Halloween decorations and costumes
  • Work on the painting for paint class (running behind)
Monday
  • Prep gym clothes for tomorrow
  • Prep work clothes
  • Post here
  • 9:00 am massage therapist appointment
  • Rudy day... prep some Christmas cards, wrap homemade gifts for friends, wrap some stocking stuffers... we'll see what actually gets done... and watch my favorite YOU'VE GOT MAIL.

    What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
    Knitted wool socks  - both pair of socks are up to the easy parts so it will be put aside for awhile.

    Crochet baby blanket - redid the whole thing, just starting over .

    Finished the Ninja turtle set, will post pics when I find the right button to put on it.

    A simple pleasure
    Watching Christmas movies



    From the camera
    Halloween 2019
    Indiana Jones (me)

    Snowman (daughter-in-law) and yes she put up her tree on Saturday

    The Joker (my son)

    DD's car






    Quote of the week 


    8 comments:

    1. Wow, 300 trick or treaters? That's amazing. Great Indiana Jones costume. The photo of your DIL as a snowman is so cute! What a clever idea. The storm must have been packing very high winds to cause that kind of damage. Glad only her car was damaged and no injuries.

      ReplyDelete
    2. Looks like you had a fun Halloween. We did too. I love your blog and I'm going to start following you, if that's okay. Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love the halloween pics. And oh my, her car! Have a great week!

      ReplyDelete
    4. That's a LOT of trick or treaters! Hope the insurance company takes care of your daughter's car promptly.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Hi Lulu! Thanks for stopping at my blog!
      That is a lot of trick or treaters. We get none - we live too far in the country.
      I love your Indiana Jones costume.
      Your poor daughter, and a few others too. Glad it was just the cars.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Wow! 300 trick-or-treaters! That's nearly half the population of our entire town! What an incredible storm that must have been! Was it a tornado? Or just straight-line winds? It's a shame about the building and your daughter's car. I hope no one was injured. Blessings for a great rest of the week!

      ReplyDelete
    7. 300 trick or treaters? That is insane lol Oh my heart breaks for your daughter's car, my word, I'm glad she wasn't in it, but do hope insurance covers it.

      Hope you're having a great week.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Hello!!
      Holy moly that is a TON of trick or treaters!! Your costume and your son and DIL's were all great! You looked so adorable. 😊
      Your poor daughter...and her poor car!! Geesh. Hope your hip feels better soon. Have a wonderful weekend ahead. xoxo

      ReplyDelete