Monday 12 August 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-08-12

Back to work since last Wednesday.
This week my husband and son caught a groundhog (in a cage) near my son's house.  They moved it farther away.
MIL slept here on Saturday night as my sil (where she usually sleeps) was away on vacation.


Let's join Sandra at https://familycorner.blogspot.com/search/label/happy%20homemaker%20monday




The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Rain
25°
13°
Tue.
Mostly Sunny
24°
11°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
23°
11°
Thu.
Mostly Sunny
23°
14°
Fri.
Scattered Showers
23°
13°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
26°
15°




What I am reading
La civilisation des Abysses by James Rollins - Finished.  Someone asked me what I thought - intrigue is interesting but too big concerning the end of the world saga.  I would not reread it.

Ce qu'il reste d'Alice by TR Richmond

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - tv marathon on local channel
The Good witch - series
Esprits criminels
Big Brother 
I recorded lots of Christmas movies during the CIJ marathon on the W Channel, so I have that to look forward to.

Menu - planning
Monday - Chicken potpie
Tuesday - Chinese noodles, ribs and rice
Wednesday - Chicken stir fry
Thursday -  Bechamel sauce with hard-boiled eggs in it
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
During the weekend:
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Main floor bathroom
  • Vaccum basement 
  • Basement bathroom
  • Groceries
  • Wash my bed and wash bedding used by guest on Saturday night
  • Laundry
  • Bake muffins
  • Menu plan
Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Call mom
  • Stretching 
  • Need to sew a small repair on my bedcover
  • Ebooks on a key for cousin
  • Overnight oats or millet cream
  • Start thinking about what we do for parent's 55th anniversary (nothing big)
  • Cut some flowers
  • Mop floors (2 bathrooms, kitchen, kitchnette, hallway)
  • Call knitting lady if she is available this afternoon to finish socks
  • Make chinese noodles
  • cook hard-boiled eggs
  • Have some deep-cleaning to do (kitchen cabinets or office)

Tuesday: (sick day)
  • Anything not done on Monday
  • Pharmacie to pick up scripts
  • 3:30 doctor's appointment (very small intervention)
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks.
Print out pattern for baby boots

A simple pleasure
No alarm to wake me up in the morning.

From the camera

Took a walk with a friend at noon on Friday near our work place.  Some of the art work that has been added until October.





Quote of the week 

16 comments:

  1. That artwork is interesting. why only til October? I haven't had creamed eggs in years, thanks for reminding me, I'll have to make them soon. Sounds like another busy week for you - I hope it's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's until October because it's ephemera art... and I think it would not be suitable to withstand our winter temperatures. Have a great week too!

      Delete
  2. Such cute photos! YOU are one fun lady... have a grand week1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting art work. I like the snow globe like one around the statue the best, I think. Glad to read your thoughts on the James Rollins novel (I had asked). It is one of his earlier ones, I think but they do tend to take on that doomsday saga in a lot of the plots. Of course, I enjoy it, LOL! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was you! :) for the novel.
      I like the snow globe too but I think the clown is my favorite

      Delete
  4. You always have a long to do list!! Love the art work!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always seem to have so much to do! Just don't accomplish everything but since I work 4days/week I do have time to do more... but I love having time to craft, read, watch tv too

      Delete
  5. making chinese noodles... sounds really good. I'm waiting for autumn but we have hot right into freezing I think. Love the big balls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So instead of Chinese noodles I made meat-veggie macaroni .
      Still hot here but we should freez soon too... at least we stay in the house with the fireplace... cozy!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like another busy week, Lucie! I love the artwork and, yes, I love this week's quote because I am soooooooo waiting for fall! Have a great rest of the week! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to talk to you Rebecca - hope you have a great week too.

      Delete
  7. I'm running behind this week, story of my life I swear.
    I'm unfortunately battling with an alarm for the next nine months (just got to love school time lol)

    The downtown art looks amazing.

    Hope you've been having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Felicia - I'm so glad school is done with here! On to another chapter of my life.

      Delete
  8. Hello Dear Friend!
    Sorry I'm so late this week. I love how you love Christmas like I do! Lol And that artwork was really cool (although the clown is maybe a little creepy as clowns are kind of creepy to me anyway) 😉
    I'm starting to think some autumn thoughts myself. Clinging to the last weeks of summer we get up here. Blessings to you ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my friends find clowns creepy too :) Have a great week

      Delete