Monday 26 August 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-08-26

Wednesday my son had a problem with a wheel on his car so we followed him home - it was all crooked and the tire blew up about 5 km from home - so called a towing to bring it to a local repairman.  Finally seems the frame is broken so the car will have to be sold for parts (it was a 2007 toyota Yaris)

Took a sick day on Thursday (having problems with my Crohn's disease) and I have tons of sick days in bank which I have to go through and director is wanting to pay our sick /overtime banks so I prefer to use them up.  Did some catching up on happyhomaker blogs that I had not yet read.  I did my yoga stretching while listening to Christmas music.
Here are 2 yoga 20-min workouts I like Seated hip opener and Yoga for opening the shoulders.

Friday night we went to a local festival 'Rythmes et Papilles' for a few hours , 2 violinists and a guitar player around a fireplace, was nice.

Saturday we went to my parent's campground to have supper with them (2,5 hours to and fro).  My dad was 75 on the 23rd and we went for his birthday.  My niece and nephew were there with them for the weekend and my cousin and his girlfriend had come to have lunch with them. (left at 10:30 am and back at 10:30 pm)

Sunday we left at 9:00 to pick up my son and his girlfriend and came back here at 3:00 pm after going shopping with them.  They wanted to buy a freezer (my husband will pick it up with the truck on Monday night), and pick up the changing table that her dad had bought them for the baby.  We told them we'd buy them the rocking chair so we shopped around for that - they will go back to buy the one they want.  We also went to costco's as we had LOTS of staples to buy.

Let's join Sandra at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom




Right now
I am writing this post - while finishing my breakfast (toasts with cheese spread and rice milk) and have a Christmas movie going (Switched for Christmas with Candid Cameron-Bure)

The weather (in celsius)


Mon.
Partly Cloudy
26°
12°
Tue.
Mostly Sunny
27°
14°
Wed.
Scattered Showers
26°
18°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
25°
14°
Fri.
Scattered Showers
24°
14°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
22°
11°


What I am reading
Feed 2 by Mira Grant

On my tv 
Rewatching the watching dead - tv marathon on local channel
The Good witch - series
Esprits criminels
Big Brother 
Mary kills people
I recorded lots of Christmas movies during the CIJ marathon on the W Channel, so I have that to look forward to.

Menu - planning
No idea yet - we didn't pick up any groceries over the weekend so it'll come from the freezer

Monday - 
Tuesday - 
Wednesday -
Thursday -  Grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
During the weekend - didn't do much as we were gone most of the time:
  • Laundry
  • Ironing
  • Bake muffins
  • Deep-clean guest-office wardrobe (it's a cachall for gifts, crafts, .... )
Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Make up bed  - DONE
  • Make a zuccini potage 
  • Prep work and gym clothes for tomorrow - DONE
  • Menu plan 
  • Wash main bathroom
  • Vaccum? (If I run out of time I might skip this week)
  • Cut outside flowers on one side of the house
  • Post on internet my son's car for sale

Thinking of taking Friday off as it's a 3-day weekend and I could make it a 4-day weekend.  My husband wants to start painting the baby room at my son's house next weekend.  

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks - one pair I'm at the heel and other pair cuffs are started

Crochet baby boots

A simple pleasure
Being able to take days off easily (of course I have a sick bank, an overtime bank and a vacation bank I have to respect).

Looking forward to
Having lunch with some coworkers as another one of our group is changing jobs.. many have left in the last year :(


From the camera
At my dad's 75th bday








Quote of the week 


14 comments:

  1. I love that yhou ahve o idea about menu for the week. but have designated Thursday for grilled cheese... I love it because I sounds just like me!!!! Great post and have a wonderful week!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, my husband's choice - grilled cheese on Thursdays. It's quick before his guitar lesson. And we both love grilled cheese, what's not to like... good, fast, easy and almost no dishes :)

      Delete
  2. Whew, you had a busy weekend over there! Great pictures. Ha! I think that might actually be true about the socks and the Tupperware lids. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I'm still snorting laughing at that quote! Now, my problem is I am MISSING a tupperwear lid! Great family photo. I'm trying to understand BigBrother but it's a hot mess! LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep BigBrother, not one of the best seasons. I love funny quotes - makes life easier.

      Delete
  4. I have the Good Witch in my Netflix to watch. Love the quote! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jody - am on season 5 of Good witch.

      Delete
  5. I love the quote! You are always so busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Mel, you are as busy as me! Funny quotes are needed to have some fun. do tell when you start a new blog :)

      Delete
  6. Sorry about your Crohn's Sweetie 🙏 Hope you're feeling better! I love that you listen to Christmas music with your stretching. Such a Gal after my own hear. Lol And I need to get back to more yoga. It is the most wonderful way to stretch!
    Happy birthday to your Dad!! And love your funny this week - so true! 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie, ups and downs all the time with Crohn's - dd has it too :(
      Yep it was fun the stretching and the Christmas music :)
      Nice of you to stop by

      Delete
  7. Hahaha, I love the quote! You had quite the busy weekend. When is the baby due? I'm listening to Christmas music right now. It is just so uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vicki, baby is due December 12, lots of things will be happening in December.

      Delete