Monday 3 June 2019

Happy homemaker 2019-06-03

Morning!

Last week I had a day of 1st aid training - was really fun and interesting.  Still have another day of it this Thursday.

Saturday my daughter, her boyfriend, sis and bil, dad and mom arrived for lunch.  Supper was at my son's house for the big gender reveal (see video at bottom of post)- hotdogs / chips.  I brought a big pasta salad, cheese, pickled eggs, veggies and dip.  Around 25-30 people.  We left after supper and left them with their friends.  

Sunday everyone left in the morning.  My son and his girlfriend came by for breakfast too.  We had another water leak... so the wall in the guest room is now opened :(  On the other hand the bathroom looks much better now, still another few things to finish it off.  

Now to pursue our topic:

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Partly Cloudy
14°
6°
Tue.
Mostly Cloudy
15°
6°
Wed.
Partly Cloudy
18°
10°
Thu.
Partly Cloudy
21°
8°
Fri.
Mostly Sunny
19°
8°



What I am reading
Mishcling  by Affinity Konar

On my tv 

Le fardeau de la preuve
Rewatching the watching dead - tv marathon on local channel
The Good witch - series
Trying to get my husband to watch Sons of Anarchy (he doesn't watch much tv)

Menu - planning
Monday - Meat pie from frozen
Tuesday - chicken-rice casserole
Wednesday - Spaghetti
Thursday - Grilled cheese and soup
Friday - 

On my to-do list 
During the weekend:
  • vaccumed main floor
  • vaccumed basement
  • Washed main bathroom
  • Washed basement bathroom
  • did laundry
  • Baked muffins
  • Prepped overnigh oats
  • Yogourts and fruits for lunches during the week
  • Cooked chicken
  • Menu-plan
  • Dusted basement
  • Make donation to Téléthon Enfant-Soleil
Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Exercise 
  • Plant a few flowers
  • ICAD
  • Prep spaghetti sauce in crockpot (if I don't have all I need it'll be sheppard's pie)
  • Prep gym clothes / work clothes - DONE
  • Go post a package
  • Craft
  • Put stuff in new bathroom drawers

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Knitted wool socks.
Christmas-ornaments for gifts (crochet)
ICAD challenge to start

A simple pleasure
bubble bath with a nice smelling foam

From the camera

Gender reveal:


Quote of the week 

4 comments:

  1. I read your post twice and thought I missed the gender reveal and then finally checked out the camera - LOL - CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a GREAT week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I like how you kept the suspense going on the gender reveal, I was thinking what?! She's not going to share. LOL! Hope you get your husband to watch a show with you (I usually just get kind of interested in whatever my husband is watching, though the opposite seldom happens). Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the new grandson, Grandma! Yeah! <3 Sorry about your water leak though. :( Hope you get it fixed soon! Blessings for great week ahead! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sweetie! How exciting - a boy!! Love the gender reveal stuff. That wasn't done back in my younger days. Fun reason to celebrate and family time together. Thanks for sharing.

    Hope you have a blessed week ahead ❤️ 😊

    ReplyDelete