Monday 15 April 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-04-15

Good morning!

Rain, rain, rain.  Luckily we are above the freezing point as the forecast was for another snowstorm!  Lots of wind too.  Perfect day to stay inside and do stuff.  But rivers are under flood warning.
I've started my springcleaning a few weeks back and continuing with that.
I took last Tuesday off from work and got lots done.
With the upcoming Easter holidays we get a 4-day weekend, so that's good.
We babysat the dog on Saturday night too.  My son and his girlfriend came by on Friday night and also spent the afternoon here on Saturday.
Sunday we went for a quick visit to my daughters and we brought her her bday gift.  She might not make it to go with us next week to my parent's house for Easter as she has lots of studying to do.

The weather (in celsius)
Mon.
Showers
4°
2°
Tue.
Cloudy
6°
-1°
Wed.
Sunny
11°
-2°
Thu.
Showers
9°
4°
Fri.
Showers
16°
8°
Sat.
Showers
10°
6°




What I am reading
Maléfices de Maxime Chattam

On my tv 

New Amsterdam
Les Américains
La Vraie Nature
Catastrophe
Le fardeau de la preuve
Le bon docteur

Menu - planning
Monday - Chicken pot pie
Tuesday - Pork loin in the crockpot
Wednesday - Tourtière
Thursday - Grilled cheese sandwiches
Friday - ?

On my to-do list 
Over the weekend I baked muffins, prepped overnight oats, spring-deep-cleaned my bedroom: walls-woodwork-furniture-light fixture-inside windows-blinds.  Last Tuesday I did the same in the LR (couches still need to be done).  Emptied bathroom cabinets as we sold them and they will be picked up this week.  Laundry, air curtains and wouldn't you know it the clothesline broke and it all fell in the snow-mud-water... had to rewash everything.  I vaccumed all main floor too.

Monday: 
  • Post here - DONE
  • Prep gym clothes and work clothes for tomorrow 
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Call mom 
  • Craft 
  • Wash main bathroom 
  • Call (again) for Sunbeam heating blanket... was on hold 2 hours the 1st Monday and the same last week
  • lots of other odds and ends (don't think I'll have time for yoga) ...
  • Prep stuff to take to mom's for Easter
  • Might do a little more deep spring cleaning (hallway)
What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Crochet bunny garland - DONE
Start Christmas-ornaments for gifts (crochet)

Looking forward to
Having a small 3-day work week

From the camera

Bunny garland finished!



Quote of the week 




10 comments:

  1. Good morning, Lucy! "Rain, rain go away! Come again another day!" Not fun that you had to rewash what fell in the snow, mud, and water, but am glad you're above freezing at this point anyway. I love the bunny garland! Any chance of sharing your pattern? Have a blessed week ahead, my friend, and I'm praying sunshine and warmer temperatures your way! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am glad we are above freezing this week. The pattern I used is this one from Red Heart: https://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/bunny-garland
    It was quite quick and easy after I got the 1st one done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your bunny garland! - too cute! Your Maxine cartoon is GREAT too - so appropriate for this seemingly never ending winter. I see you too are looking to the future and Christmas - what a crazy year. Have a WONDERFUL week and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning!
    Your bunny garland is adorable!
    It looks perfect!
    We have some snow flurries today after the thunderstorms last night.
    Yesterday was a beautiful day.
    Spring in Pennsylvania!
    Have a cozy day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness! I can't imagine still dealing with snow this time of the year! tour Maxine post cracked me up! I hope you enjoy you three day work and have blessed Easter! Love, love, loved your bunny garland! It was so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had to look up what Tourtière was and it sounds amazing. I should start on spring cleaning here, if we ever get over these awful colds that is.

    The bunny garland is just to cute for words! I love simple adorable projects like that.

    Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your humor for the week. The bunny garland looks great! You're getting lots of spring cleaning done around there, need to do that here. Hope you have a Happy Easter and of course, a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that bunny garland!! Love it!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The bunny garland is adorable :) I hope you have a fantastic week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lucie - sorry catching up so late this week.
    That bunny garland is adorable!! So happy you've been getting rain instead of snow! Hope it drys out for the weekend.
    Wishing you a very blessed Easter weekend ahead xoxo

    ReplyDelete