Monday 14 January 2019

Happy Homemaker 2019-01-14

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

No wonder I felt so sick during the holidays - I had influenza (confirmed by my doctor).  I did go back to work last Wednesday (he said I wasn't contagious anymore), but boy the week was rough (even if only 3 days).  Just no energy and some coughing fits.

This weekend we babysat my son's furbabies (cat and dog).  The plaster guy also came by for the bathroom, so today is cleanup!

The weather (in celsius)
n.
Ensoleillé dans l'ensemble
-9 °
-12 °
mar.
Nuageux
-4 °
-6 °
mer.
Averses de neige
0 °
-20 °
jeu.
Ensoleillé dans l'ensemble
-14 °
-18 °
ven.
Averses de neige
-8 °
-19 °
sam.
Nuageux dans l'ensemble
-16 °
-20 °
dim.
Averses de neige
-16 °
-21 °

What I am reading
La femme à droite de la photo by Valentin Musso

On my tv 
Christmas movies  and regular programs

Menu - planning
Monday - Spaghetti and meatballs
Tuesday - Hot chicken sandwiches and fries
Wednesday - Omelet and baked beans
Thursday - Grilled cheese and soup (not done last week)
Friday?

On my to-do list 
  • Declutter 
  • Post here
  • Rewash my bedding (germs)
  • Menu plan - DONE
  • Monday - doctor's appointment
  • Vaccum basement - DONE
  • Wet-mop basement - DONE
  • Wash basement bathroom - DONE
  • Vaccum main floor
  • Wet-mop main floor
  • Upstairs bathroom - DONE yesterday
  • Make a chicken-rice casserole for freezing (unless I switch on my menu)
  • Empty dishwasher - DONE

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
knitted socks
Knit dishcloths - FINISHED yesterday
Make some Christmas gift bags to use up the fabric I have

Looking forward to
Having my energy back

A simple pleasure
A clean house

From the camera
Crocheting while the dog is sleeping

My fur grandbabies

Rough night (the dog asked for the door 4 times during the night)

My son and his dog

Quote of the week 


8 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a busy week. Cute quote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry you've been feeling poorly, but at least you know why now and can get better. Cute pictures of your fur babies and perfect quote to go along with them. Your to-o list looks like it will keep you quite busy - I hope you have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you continue to feel better. I have a local friend who had the flu and she's also struggling to get her energy back. Cute fur babies! Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you had the flu, but glad you're starting to feel better. Love your fur babies, how cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the flu..yikes, not fun. yes,, sanitize that house and get better soon.. the flu takes so much out of me... nothing like a fresh bed and crisp linens.. Enjy the fur babies and have a restorative week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope this week is going well and you're feeling better! Fur baby cuddles should definitely be helping. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pics of the fur babies!! My pup lies next to me when I crochet as well!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings, Lucy! As you can see, I'm running behind this week, BUT...it's Saturday and I'm off work (doesn't happen often), so am using this time to play catch up! Love the pic of you crocheting while the pup sleeps. I hope you're having a great weekend and many blessings to you, my friend! <3

    ReplyDelete