Monday 27 August 2018

Happy Homemaker 2018-08-28

Linking up to Sandra at Diary of a Stay at home mom 

2 jobs interview done.  One went well, the other not so much.  I had a message on my machine for the 1st job interview results... they will call back today.  2nd one I'm really not interested in.  Tomorrow I meet boss and team-boss and it is my evaluation and we will clear the air and see where we go from there.
My daughter arrived Sunday (she is on vacation for a week before starting her University) and will be spending a few days with us.

The weather

Mon.
Partly Cloudy
29°
21°
Tue.
Mostly Cloudy
31°
24°
Wed.
Thunderstorm
27°
17°
Thu.
Cloudy
23°
14°
Fri.
Sunny
24°
16°
Sat.
Partly Cloudy
26°
19°

What I am reading
Cupcake Club #1 de Donna Kauffman

On my tv 
Big Brother

Menu - planning
No idea - I do have a ham but we will see.  with dd here my routines are out the window!

On my to-do list
I did my regular chores on Saturday before dd got here.  Nothing much planned. we are going shopping for the day today and we will be gone part of next weekend so regular chores will get back on schedule next Monday.

What I am knitting, crocheting and crafting
Working on a pair of knitted socks and a shawl with pockets - ONGOING
Wood-slice ornaments - ongoing.
I want to cut the felt pieces to make ice cream cones for a Halloween costume

Looking forward to
Spending time with dd

Something I watched
Nothing much this week

From the camera
We will be going to a double funeral for my aunt and uncle next Saturday.  They were divorced a long time ago but were still very good friends.  In the last few years my uncle was in a residence for Alzheimer's and my aunt kept visiting him.  He died from pneumonia and my aunt had problems with her lungs.  They died within a week from each other.  My cousin, their only son, has had quite alot on his plate :(  My uncle and cousin lived with us for a few years after the divorce so we are close.

Jean-Baptiste St-Pierre


Raymonde Marchand
                                            

Quote of the week

6 comments:

  1. My deepest sympathy on the loss of your aunt and uncle. Enjoy your time with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very sorry for the loss of your aunt and uncle, so close together. Your menu plan sounds a bit like mine. I wrote some things on mine but really, I have no idea. Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about your aunt and uncle. It is wonderful that they were able to remain friends - I hope that gives your cousin some peace.

    I hope you have a GREAT visit with your daughter. I also hope your job issues work out well for you. Have a GREAT week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to read about the loss of your aunt and uncle. Hoping family time with your daughter makes it a little easier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear that your uncle and aunt passed so close together. Must be a super difficult time for their son, as well as the rest of the family, right now. I hope your evaluation went well today. Thinking of you and praying over all. (((HUG))) <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I am just making my way around! It has been such a busy week and it just began! Praying you got good news from the interview!
    I also pray you enjoy your visit with your daughter making wonderful memories! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete